[GET HYPE] Baldur's Gate III

Anything promising a nice long single player story is getting my upvote nowadays. I never played a lot of the older Games. I put some time in on BG 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale, but never really got into them. Guess i was just a bit too young or such.
I played a bunch of pen and paper though. I’ll make sure to give this a try once it’s out.

3 Likes

BG2 still holds up today if you can get into the start of it.

Icewind Dale 1/2 are a lot more hack and slash, but the story in BG2 is great. Throne of Bhall less so, couldn’t get into it.

I’m “cautiously optimistic” regarding BG3 at this stage. Will be interesting if they use the 5e rule-set.

Well, after Diablo 3 being what it is, “cautiously optimistic” is indeed the best i can do too.

I’d really like a Classic Diablo 2 remake with just updated Graphics. No new Content or features or mechanics needed. Just plain old D2 LoD with Diablo 3 graphics. But i guess we’ll never get that.
Let’s hope that they don’t get the idea to throw Lootboxes into Baldurs Gate :wink:

Diablo 3 isn’t as bad as some make out imho. Have you gone back and played D1 and D2 recently?

it is, however probably best played on nintendo switch (or maybe PS4/Xbox) with a friend from the couch. It translates really well to console. It’s also interesting to play with different builds as you can alter them on the fly.

I bought the Diablo battle chest way back (as well as already owning D1 and 2 from previously … i think i own like 3 copies now from over the years :D) and fired up D1 and D2 again within the past 12 months.

I think D3 gets a bad rap a fair bit because of rose tinted glasses. I’ll admit i was one who also shat on it a bit when it was released as always online, etc.

Diablo 1 does not hold up well and all, and Diablo 2 is definitely showing its age. They were awesome, amazing games in their day (and i played the absolute shit out of both for years), but i think a lot of the flack D3 cops as comparison is actually undeserved now…

Diablo 3 isn’t bad. I’ve played it to Toment 4 or 5 i think. It was some months ago. The point i didn’t like is, at a certain point it just get “more”. Higher Numbers, more creeps, more everything. It’s an endless grind.
I think it’s also way to complex. That’s nice for people wanting to spend weeks and months theorecrafting builds and such, but the skill system in Diablo 2 was much simpler, while not loosing too much in terms of depth.

Yes, i still play Diablo 2 fairly regularly. And it really only shows it’s age graphically. I can’t play it fullscreen anymore and playing in a 1024x768 windows on a 1440p screen is a challenge too.
Other than that, it hasn’t lost anything for me. Gameplay wise, Storywise and in terms of mechanics i still think it’s better than Diablo 3. Not flashier, but better (for me).

Diablo 1 i agree. I didn’t play it when it came out, as i was too young. So i don’t have the same connection to it. But it certainly is clunkier to play now.

It’s what i see a lot in recent games and remakes. They add an “infinite progression” system or lootboxes or make the numbers 100 times as big, because bigger is better. A game doesn’t have to be infinite in progression to grab players for over a decade. Always having something to do can kill player creativity at a certain point. And doing the same run 100 times over and over because it’s what you do and the leaderboards and higher numbers just isn’t what i’m looking for in a game.

2 Likes

I definitely want to get into Baldur’s gate 3

That’s current Blizzard in a nutshell.

And that is WoW Classic. :smiley:

I do hope that Blizzard gets it now. If Classic isn’t enough of a slap in the face, nothing will be.

I never got into BG. The only games loosely connected that I did play, were Dark Alliance i&II.
Those were incredible fun, especially in co-op.

The big problem with diablo 3 is that the starting difficulty level should probably be torment 1.

Seriously, on the standard difficulty levels once you’re about halfway through the game even with middling gear you can literally go make a coffee and come back later and you’re still fine standing in the middle of a bunch of enemies. I actually did this with one of my crusaders to see if it would work.

There’s a lot of flashy shit going on but literally no damage…

1 Like

Any news on if this will be released, or when? Too lazy to go up to top of thread.

1 Like

No date yet.

It’s still TBA on Steam.

1 Like

2 Likes

inb4 epic exclusive

1 Like

Any opportunity I get to use the EPIC Game Store™ makes that day a great day.

An EPIC store deserves only EPIC games

1 Like
2 Likes

Just a motion picture trailer, shows nothing really game related other than it exists, pretty pointless.

1 Like

Agreed.

Unless…

Wait…

No, it can’t be…

Is it possible…

My GOD.

Could this thread be…

Solely for the purpose…

Of…

GETTING HYPED FOR BALDUR’S GATE III?

See: Thread Title

I finally get over my hype for a bit and then you go posting again, it’s just an endless cycle! (I enjoy it though, so… thanks I suppose haha)

1 Like

Dude I am so hype

1 Like

Pfft. I’ve been waiting on cyberpunk 2077 since 2013.

I put money into star citizen in 2012 (luckily, not much).