Generic Life Advice?

I've been screwed by the government for not keeping hard records before. Keep enough documentation to prove you were in the country for the last year for instance. You'd be surprised just how many laws are concerned with this. You can prove a surprising amount with simple bank statements. You don't have to have complete records or have them all categorised and ordered, just keep anything that seems important for a year. Personally I have a specific draw for this, and I keep new stuff going in on the left, and old stuff coming out of the right.

I'm glad?

1 Like

Don't get scared by legal documentation or laws. Often company lawyers will misread government legislature and misapply the law to you. If you can ask them what laws they are complying with then you can look them up and research them yourself. I've saved myself a lot of money by just reading the law carefully and asking questions.

1 Like

We've got some of them there words to live by, here in Texas:

Don't wiz on the electric fence!

Don't squat with yer spurs on!

2 Likes

"Don't panic." -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide the the Galaxy

PS - read that book. That's got more life-advice in it then you could possibly imagine.

Money, drugs, and bitches.

That isn't some trumped up hyperbole either. Entire civilizations are built and destroyed on those three principals.

If something in the world seems wrong to you, the way you fix it is by conflating that problem with the 3 pillars. You think millionares give pallets of chash to charities because they believe in the cause? FUCKKKK NO. They do that for the tax benefits (money) and the notoriety (bitches).

You can call any bluff, denounce any lie, and pretty much have the whole human race boiled down to a science if you keep those 3 pillars in mind.

The 4th and 5th pillar will save your life though.

pillar 4: path of least resistance. People will almost always take the path of least resistance. People will lie, steal, cheat, and kill what ever they need to in order to save them from doing something that they dont wanna do.

pillar 5: DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID!!! I am still learning this one. I have been in so many business situations where I thought someone was doing something wrong. It turns out that they simply didn't do the right thing because they were being absent minded.

If you are getting angry or worked up over a problem, its always good to take a second to verify if the issue is caused by someones stupidity.