General sound questions & recommend wifi headsets?

TL;DR version: Just looking for recommendations in general about wireless headphones, does Kleer technology sound better than other wifi headphones?, brands you prefer?, notice any difference between using stereo, 5.1 or 7.1?, $30 soundcards better than Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec?, do soundcards really give you slight performance due to the mobo not doing the sound work?

I'm currently using the Sennheiser HD212s but i purchased the Corsair vengeance 2000 and immediately got hit with the solid amber/blue light problem many others had and if i knew of this issue beforehand i wouldn't have got them.. 

If depleting the battery and recharging it to full doesn't work or i get the problem again ill return em and look at other wireless solutions which is why I'm posting this as ill likely get another set soon anyway.

What kind of wireless headphones should i be looking out for? I don't consider myself an audiophile but the HD212s have great sound quality so something close or perhaps surpassing that?

I've heard to look out for Kleer wireless technology? but apparently most headphones with Kleer get verrry expensive.

Anyone notice much difference in switching between stereo and 5.1 or 7.1?

My mobo uses the Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec after googling around some comments point out that some $30 soundcards do actually sound better than the mobos inbuilt? also i can never really find any hard proof to backup the claims of "My soundcard gives me 5% more performance in gaming because the soundcard is doing the work not my mobo"

Thoughts?

brands you prefer?

Sennheiser are great all round headphones. Beyerdynamic (I have these) have brilliant build quality and sound, they are also quite easily customisable (apparently). Audio Technica made the most popular audiophile headphones ever probably. I'll add more if I think of them.

notice any difference between using stereo, 5.1 or 7.1?

No not really, not even in gaming. It might just be me though.

$30 soundcards better than Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec?

Yes but not a huge amount. It's because the manufacturers don't spend a huge amount of cash on the audio, since most people don't really notice a difference, also integrated sound can be very susceptible to white-noise because of interference from the rest of the board. Basically, they do make a difference, but you would probably be better off getting a USB DAC/amp if you have the money. If you don't have the money to spare I would not recommend getting a sound card.

do soundcards really give you slight performance due to the mobo not doing the sound work?

No, not at all.

Personally, I think wireless is just a bit of a marketing gimmick, sure it's kinda handy but... Are you really planning on going anywhere with them on, you're just going to be sitting at a desk. However if you really do want wireless then I would recommend whatever Sennheiser is in your price range.

"Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica" 

Cheers ill look into these brands.

"No not really, not even in gaming. It might just be me though."

Hm it's weird as i heard most people don't notice the difference in game but in movies there is which is odd as you would think games would have a much more noticeable difference.

"Yes but not a huge amount"

I haven't had any problems the past couple years with white-noise but ill keep that in mind, Yeah i don't see myself spending more than around $150 as I'm not super picky about audio so i can't justify it :P But i do have a audiophile friend so i may be able to score cheaper gear off him in the future.

"No, not at all."

Alright it's just a hardware trade/sell/buy fourm i frequent there was a post with a guy selling a 'Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro' with quote: 'I would have kept this due to it having XRAM, improved my fps by about 5% for me. As sound processing would be on the soundcard rather than mobo.'

"I think wireless is just a bit of a marketing gimmick"

Yeah i didn't really want to go wireless but due to how my room is arranged when i sit on the couch to watch TV i have this 3 meter cable just dangeling across the room as the couch is juuust under 3 meters away from the couch, So i figured might as well grab wireless headphones. Starting to think i should just find a better wired set with a longer cable.