General Linux Discussion Continued

Not exactly.

I’ve had more success with kdenlive on Ubuntu, but yes, kdenlive is a high-maintenance bitch.

Did they ever end up getting the multi-monitor support fixed in Solus Budgie? I remember that and not being able to get Starcraft II working being what made me switch away.

How long ago did you have a problem with it? I’ve been using it on multi-monitor systems since early 2017 with no problems.

Well, multimonitor ‘works’, but the problem I had with it was that the taskbar was always over something. This was a problem when it was on top because it would overlap the menu bar as well as minimize/maximize/close. On the bottom it would cover up other random things like “OK or Cancel” buttons at the bottom of the screen. There were a few other oddities that I ran across in the UI that just showed the multi-monitor support wasn’t as polished as most other DE’s. This was a few months ago, so fairly recently. Using it on my laptop though everything worked flawlessly when both monitors were in landscape.

I should also mention I run a 27" 16:9 1440p monitor in landscape, and a 23" 1080p monitor in portrait. Budgie was the only DE I had problems like this with using this setup.

Yeah, I definitely don’t have that problem. (in fact, I’ve never encountered that) I wonder if it was just a fluke from your install or a hardware-specific bug. Might be worth asking about it on /r/solusproject. Ikey and Josh are active on there, so they’ll be able to give you a more conclusive answer.