GeForce Titan Thread

Go to the EVGA Forum. You will see why some people want it so badly.

I believe you mean content. I just hope this doesn't become a pattern, where the enthusiast cards all become $1000, and the GTX 780, 880, 980, etc. are all sporting GTX X60 TI GPUs.

Think of Titan as the 8800 Ultra. Late on the market, extremely expensive, few improvements - everyone loved it.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Let the rich enthusiasts get what they want :)

lol yeah good point, contempt is the opposit of how i feel and yeah that would be a bad pattern to see emerge, never been a fan of ti edition cards personaly, espicially the 660ti damn thing has an anemic bit bus.

ehh, I already have a gtx 680 with a 30in panel and there are maybe 3 titles than i cant play "maxed" and on those 3 titles you just turn down AA and it works fine.  Impressive card none the less...how many of these do they think they're going to sell for a grand? 

A lot, youd be surprised, plenty of people have triple sli and stuff in their pc, this is just going to make a load of people go "Ermahgerd diz card iz de best in teh wurld lez buy et" Youd be surprised, its like people buying the ARES 2, which was a card that had 2 7970's, whereas for the price it cost here I could have gotten 3 7970's. People just buy stuff because it makes their internet peen bigger, and so they can say they have a "titan". 

If ever I have 1000$ and a build that needs to be updated, this shall be in it!

There's a reason it's 1/8 the power of a tesla card and this card is 1/8th the price of a tesla. The entire point is that they can maybe get a couple of these cards in enthusiasts hands or small startups so they can run their science apps without having to fork out $8k for a card. It's not a bad deal if that is what you are interested in. As far as this being much faster or if it all faster than a 690 is up for grabs. I wouldn't put my hopes up. As far as AMD having to compete or their absence in this segment having to do with anything is a matter of opinion. Mine would be something along the lines of who gives a shit? :D

I feel sorry for whoever bought an Ares 2.

There are reports of a German guy hitting 1123 MHz Core clock with Boost 2.0. The video has been removed *cough NDA cough*, but it was all achieved with reference cooling. Imagine how far the watercooling users will go. 1250+ MHz maybe?

The question is; will a 1100+ MHz Titan outperform a GTX 690?

Was really looking forward to getting one at the rumored $700 price point, but now I'm not so sure.. I may get one now and get a few more later down the road to have the ultimate machine, but idk..

I don't understand the business model with the titan. It's at the same price as the 690 and is going to compete against the 690. Why would the make a card to compete against their own flagship card? It's not meant to replace the 680 or 690 so why the price to compete with the 690.

Probably now that a 7970 ghz edition pulls ahead of a 680 more than half the time, they need to maintain their image of having the most powerful single card available, even if nobody buys it.

If folks do buy it, AMD could turn around and do the same thing.

@DoubleAgen The 690 is a card better suited to single monitor gaming, whereas the TITAN is built for multi monitor gaming, hence its crazy 6gb ram. They shouldnt, technically, be competing against each other.

You and me both.....$1500? DAAAYAUM