Gaming PC $1200

Its a good build. It will run strong. I would try to fit an SSD in, it makes the user experience very good. Also, you dont really need 16GB of ram. But for that price it doesnt really hurt. 8GB is all you really need for most things.

Ok I made a different parts list with an ssd. Which one would you pick?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qGfq

get the sapphire 7970.... $80 less than the asus, still a good cooler

and keep the cavair black

I would stick with your first build. Then upgrade to an SSD later. I would get Asus over a sapphire, they run very quiet and cool.

ut they take up 3 expansiond slots dude.... sapphire is pretty good too, and alot cheaper

Alright Ill go with the first one. I know it would be smarter to go with the sapphire 7970 since it is cheaper, but I will use this gpu for at least 3 years. I could also just go with the gtx 670 in the second parts list, which would is a 2 slot cooler, and would give me physx. The asus colours (Im Canadian) will give more of an rog feel.

Thanks a lot Commissar and TallGeese, I really appreciate your time and input.

So. Who cares how many expansion slots really. There are a few people that might use alot of them. But witht that mobo you could still xfire. Or run a raid card, and a wireless card. Its not covering anything of importance. I've had a few bad experiences with DOA cards from Sapphire as well, I never blame them for the DOA but there RMA was horride. "This heatsink has been removed" garbage (fyi I didnt remove the heatsink, they sold me a "refurbished" card in a new package. 

I just wanted to make sure he know how big they are