Gaming laptop with decent-ish battery life?

I know what I’m asking for is basically an oxymoron, but I’ll try asking it all the same. For various reasons, I’ll likely be gaming away from outlets for the foreseeable future. So far the only laptops I’ve seen that can game and not drain the battery in 5 minutes are MacBooks. Of course the problem there is that not many games run on Macs…

3 Likes

How many separate things are you willing to carry around with you?

Because a SteamDeck + Powerbank will get you what you are asking for.

2 Likes

Also anything with thunderbolt and external GPUs… :laughing:

1 Like

:100:

Ouch, depending where you are or going to be, there’s usually an outlet to plug up to. Public Library, Gym, Convenience Store, Coffee Shop, Strip mall etc.

In the recent GN+L1 video, Wendell hat a GPD-branded “palm-top”-formfactor machine.

Maybe worth considering.
https://www.gpd.hk/gpdwinmax2

@wendell can probably weigh in on the gaming-capacity of that thing

Gaming as in, beefy GPU / higher Hz display?

Just off the top of my head, I’ve heard the Asus Zephyrus G14 is a good, rounded laptop with good battery life that also games well.

To speak out of my experience, I have a budget gaming laptop with classic one, maybe pushing it two hours of life normally. But that’s with Windows.

So I dual-boot with Pop!, and with the battery saver mode they have in their power management - since they make laptops - it legitimately doubles or triples the actually useable battery life.

Not a bad suggestion, but the problem is I really struggle with controllers or similar input devices.

Something mid-range would do nicely.

I have a Zephyrus M15 but it needs a small reactor to keep it going (215w PSU) and did get about 1 hour of battery life when gaming. Now it gets about 5 minutes…

Ordered one after that video