Gaming computer $1200 budget

@feralshad0w 

What do you suggest for an HDD and SDD?

lol yeah... but don't confust the OP that might not know better!... or others reading the thread.

As long as we know, right guys?

I'd grab a Seagate SV35.5 HDD, either 1TB or 2TB, depending on your needs, and a 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD, or 840 Pro SSD, if you can fit it in the budget.

For an sdd I am not too particular as all of them will give you amazing performance over an HDD. I don't think anyone needs one as a game drive if they have a dedicated HDD for their games. Putting the OS on the SDD improves overall use and game performance significatly. As to which one.. It really depends on budget. Here are a few in difference price ranges.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10chZ

HDD's are similar. The key factors here are 7200 RPM, good cache size, and reliability. If you have the extra money, some hybrid drives from seagate are pretty amazing.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10cmA

In my personal build I have 1 intel 80GB SSD, and 2 500GB barracudas, and its been all I need (1 HDD for games, and 1 for Media. I backup important documents on both drives for redundancy.)

Here's my attempt...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10cql

I don't see any reason for an i7 in this build, but if you want it, go for it.  You can save money without losing performance by going with an i5 3570k or a FX 8350.  I'd get the FX 8350 if you plan on doing any streaming; otherwise, go with the 3570k (better single threaded performance).  It's one of the best and most favored gaming processors out there.

I definitely agree with the HD 7950.  Excellent GPU for the money.

I also switched out a few things such as the CPU cooler (personal preference) and the motherboard (offers similar performance/features for less).  Just my opinion, but I don't like the "gaming" or "premium" label businesses slap on their products just so they can jack the price up.

I chose the Adata SSD because it's fast and offers more storage than the Samsung 840.

Everything else is mostly personal preference.  I chose a couple of different things just to give you more options to work with.  I personally do not like Fractal cases.  I much prefer the rugged look of the HAF 912.  It's up to you though.  There's tons of options out there.

I'd also recommend looking for things such as the CPU or GPU on Ebay.  I found my i5 3570k for $150 and my GTX 670 for $300 on there.  You can usually come across some pretty amazing deals.  Just be wary of who you are buying from and what you are buying.  Make sure the parts you are buying come with all the original accessories and preferably the original packaging.  I would also suggest you buy things such as the motherboard and case brand new.  This way, you won't have to worry about missing parts such as a motherboard standoff or case fan.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I'll do my best to answer them.  Good luck!

Which Adata SSD exactly?

The SX900 is good.

The Adata SSD I'm referring to is located in the PCPartPicker link I left in my previous post.  It's the Adata XPG SX900 128gb.  It's a little bit pricier than the Samsung, but it's worth it.

Really they are all good,but the SX is better than the SP. The SP is their business class for reliability. The SX is their performance class for greatest speed, while still maintaining reliability. Both will be crazy fast compared to a HDD, but comparing the two together... The SX is faster than the SP.

Get what fits your budget. Just FYI, if you do want the fastest SSD, the Intel 520's are the fastest for random read and writes, but they aren't the cheapest by GB. If you want speed, get the adata SX or an intel, but at the end of the day all of them will suite you well. The difference in performance isnt really noticable unless you are trying to compare the two side by side.