- Budget. How much are you willing to spend? $1000
- Where do you live (what country), and what currency do you use? Australia, Sydney (AUD)
- -Is there a retailer you prefer? MSY http://www.msy.com.au/
- Do you need or already have peripherals? (this can add to costs) Monitor
- What will you be using your future computer for? Gaming? Rendering? Mix of both? Or is this a home media PC? Work and gaming
- Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking? Mixed feelings but I'm saying no
- Do you plan on going for custom watercooling now, or in the future? No
- OS. Do you need a new one? Windows 8
- Do you plan on Mining BTC either for yourself or Tek Syndicate? No
If you Game-
- What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at? High 40+ FPS
- What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at. 1920x1080
- What kind of games do you like to play? Many genres - FPS/RTS/RPG etc
- What specific game will you be playing (if applicable) Well at the moment Hitman Absolution
If you Render or Edit things-
- What application do you use to render? (very important) n/a
- Do you render movies or photshop pictures n/a
If you don't have peripherals -
- What kind of keyboard do you prefer? Mechanical, scissor, membrane, etc. n/a
- What type of mouse-grip do you have? Palm, claw, combination? n/a
- what kind of games do you play? (mmo vs fps, for button management) n/a
- What size monitor are you looking for, and what resolution? Screen type (IPS, S-IPS, TN, etc.), hertz (60, 120, etc.) 21.5in 1920x1080
So this is my first build which will mainly be used for work and gaming. I'm getting all my parts from MSY. I will be using my current GPU (Ati Radeon HD 6850) for the time being so I will not need one for now. Here are the parts I have in mind, bearing in mind that Part picker does not have an option to make MSY the supplier so the prices will not be exact:
I am still unsure of the whole Ivy Bridge vs Haswell vs Piledriver debate so any help would be appreciated :)
Can i suggest going with PC Case Gear? if you are in sydney, shipping won't cost much at all (it's a melbourne store), the prices are generally the same or cheaper than MSY, they have a way larger range, and i have heard a lot of bad reviews about MSY, awful customer service etc. at least at their adelaide store. PC case gear have really good online support, i ask them stuff over their facebook page all the time, and you can make wishlists which is basically like PCpartpicker builds.
as for the build, looks alright, the only things i would say is that you can probably find a cheaper 2x4GB set of 1600 RAM, and i'm not too sure about the PSU, i've been told the lower end corsair bronze PSUs and such aren't the best option, but I'll leave that to someone else.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was previous looking at PC Case Gear and their prices are very similar if not a tad more expensive but the advantage of better customer servicbetter more stock is definitely a bonus. I will also look in to better value RAM and PSU.
That's a really nice build - covers everything I need. I'll definitely consider it! Thanks.
By the way, I've been contemplating the Samsung 840 and the Pro version; what's the real world difference?
So far the only difference i could see is the write speed. Non-pro has 130mb/s and the pro has 390mb/s. But if you want you could order a kingston hyper 3k from a different store and that has a 510mb/s write speed.
Here's the msy link.
i bought some things from PCCG and it was very good service
Personally I recommend Mwave its in Sydney and easy to get to for pickups. I did get a faulty psu (coil whine) but they refunded me and I've bought off them multiple times now, but I have a few friends who used PCCG and recommended it.
i guess if u wanna pick up, go with Mwave or if u wanna delivery, go with PCCG
I think ill stick with PCCG for the majority of my parts but I'll have a look at Mwave. Thanks heaps for the suggestions and recommendations guys - really encouraging to someone who's new at this :)
Yeah the HyperX looks like a better deal. What would you recommend?