Game Recommendations?

Hey fellow Tekkies, I'm about to build a PC and take a step into the PC gaming world after being a console player pretty much all my life. Any games you guys would recommend to me?

I'm into RPGs, no CoD or BF3 for me, thanks, just not really my slice of pie. Also been enjoying the heck out of SC2 on my laptop, but it just cant play it well enough. Yeah, that bad. 

Games I'm considering are

sim city

tomb raider

HoTS

far cry 3

skyrim

dishonored

Thanks for the help guys, keep gaming. 

Not really familiar with console games, so they might be on the console aswell, but.

Tomb Raider, Dishonored and Farcry are all great picks.

Elder Scrolls, Everything up Morrowind is great. (you can play the older ones aswell for nostalgia or if you are a hardcore fan)

Dragon Age 2, Origins. 

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 

The Witcher

Vampire: The Masquerade

Heroes of Might and Magic

That should get your started. For more, you can check out some game review sites like gametrailers.com or www.escapistmagazine.com.

Also, if you are planning to buy these games, use steam, and them to your wishlist, you can save a ton of money on games, that are on sale, especially during holidays. 

try some civilization 5

I'm considering the first three you mentioned because they all seem like great games (each highly reviewed by ign) and they seem like good benchmark games for my new PC. Which do you think has the best story and keeps you involved with the gameplay the best?

I played AC3 on Wii U but I felt disconnected from the game more than I would've liked, since I had to travel miles through what seemed like pointless terrain to get to my next objective. 

Sim city is great after you get over the drm

I love simulation games like that, and I love when a game has a level designer or something because then I can get my creative juices flowing. I'm really considering Sim City. Are the servers stable and running yet?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic in my case, a, Dragon Age 2 had some nice twists and turns and comes close, but it got a bit repetitive, that that would be my second pick.

Mount and blade!!!!!!!!!!

If you like old school 2D games give DLC Quest a try, it's only $3 funny and fun.

RTS/4X:

• Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (some 4x elements, but mostly RTS)
  • Company of Heroes (and expansions)
  • Civilization V
  • Supreme commander: Forged Alliance

Stealth/ Stealth Action:

• Mark of the Ninja
  • Dishonored
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Action:

• Far Cry 3
  • Chivalry
  • Borderlands 2
  • Witcher 2

Others:

• Bastion
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Portal (1 and/or 2)
  • Tropico 4

I'm sure there are plenty more that are worth your money. I grabbed all of these straight from my steam library, and I enjoyed all of these.

Origin sale for the week. Might find something on there.

If you love sim style games then i would get persona 4 its a old game but its one of my faviorte games ever your need a ps2 emulator or better a ps2. also dragon age is amazing but i love origins more then 2. Chivalry awesome too and TEAM FORTRESS 2

Planetside 2

/thread

Far Cry 3 is one of the best games I've ever played!

Just finished Tomb Raider yesterday. A great game, though replay value is a bit low since it's very linear. But I good game nonetheless. I wrote a review for it, if you, or anybody wanna check it out: http://www.gtmsanctuary.com/2013/03/review-tomb-raider-pc.html

Skyrim is a great game on its own, but it's even better with mods. Check out the Skyrim Nexus for a hundreds of mods: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/categories/

Dishonored reminds me of Bioshock. The art style, the sandbox level design, and a whole bunch of other things. It's a good game though.

I'd also recommend Torchlight 2. It's very similar to Diablo series. The art style in cutscenes is that crappy cartoony kind, but the gameplay is pretty damn good.

FTL! this game doen't get enough love.

i currently have 72 hours on it

+1

Frozen synapse is one of my favorites.