Game most in need of a remaster

There is the Skywind project… Morrowind with Skyrim’s engine

Skywind has been in development for a very, very long time and I’m losing hope it will ever see the light of day. :frowning:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too worried yer, skyrim probably has another 12 releases before the next elder scrolls, plenty of time for them to work on it. /s

3 Likes

Every old Elder Scrolls game (including ES-with-guns, aka Bethesda-published Fallout games), stuff in that engine just did not age well, at all. Oblivion and older I just cannot get into anymore and I’ll happily still play the original Tomb Raider or even Dungeon Keeper. But Oblivion (or, Mystra forbid, Morrowind)? Yeah. No.

1 Like

If CDPR entertained remastering the original Witcher?
OG Witcher worked off a licensed engine [same from Neverwinter Nights], back over a decade… Since CDPR did very well with their RED Engine from TW2 [+ a more refined variant on TW3], it could be a fulfilling sensation, to what CDPR wanted The Witcher to be

1 Like

i’m curious, why not morrowind?

very fond memories, stellar exploration but shit combat, buggie…

granted, it shouldn’t be just a repaint, they would need to rework a lot of mechanics… morrowind is the last game i had to keep physical diary of the quests just to keep my sanity…

but yeah, i played it like 15 years ago

2 Likes

Absolutely right. It was like no other fantasy RPG with the weird alien environments and way different from the usual LOTR derivatlve. For me the biggest turnoffs were the janky animations, the butt-ugly NPCs, and the slow-as-molasses walking speed. In fact the first ‘mod’ I ever wrote was one to simply increase the ground speed of my character.

So yes Morrowind desperately needs a remaster. There are some moderately impressive graphical mods out there, but they can only go so far in making the game modern and presentable.

Sid Meier’s Pirates! (the 2003 version). I’ve played the DOS version and it’s perfect.

1 Like

you can still run Freelancer, I’ve got some content on it on YT.

1 Like

I tried… It crashes constantly…

then you’ve either installed it wrong, or are running a non modified .exe on windows 10. Remember that win 10 doesn’t play well at all with Safedisk or secureROM DRM. So any game running that copy protection will need a no-cd patch, even if you own the physical disk. Battlefield Vietnam is one game I play that does that also.

1 Like

Oh, nothing gameplay related, I’m sure. I can play some ancient, or retro, games just fine, and I’m quite used to taking notes because of Pen&Paper, but I can’t get past the UI (especially the UI) and the graphics of older Elder Scrolls games. Games in that engine appear to just age particularly badly.

1 Like

Interstate '76 was one of my favorite games ever from 1997.

You play as Groove Champion and your sister Jade was killed by the Mafia. You drive around in Mad Max meets Starsky & Hutch style, looking for clues and blowing up other cars to steal better parts for your ride. The soundtrack is epic and can be found on YouTube. Check out the Lazy Game Review of the gameplay. There is a way to get it running on modern systems but it doesn’t look good. It was based on the MechWarrior 2 engine and basically was MechWarrior on wheels. I used to do multiplayer over AOL dial-up! LOL

I wish they would re-release Interstate '76 with better graphics, but with the same soundtrack and voice acting.

3 Likes

If Bandai Namco could remaster the PS2 Ace Combat trilogy (4, 5, Zero) and FromSoft stopped pumping out Souls-likes to remake Armored Core Silent Line/Nexus/Last Raven, I’d shit myself.

Period.

Did it age that badly? Definitely my favourite Far Cry though (probably because it’s more like the first Crysis than it is related to Far Cry >= 2…)

1 Like

GTA 3… Oh wait…

4 Likes

Fkn lol

2 Likes

Original Deus Ex

2 Likes

the dangerous dave series. haunted mansion, goes nuts, and risky rescue.

also, a remade sim ant would be pretty awesome.

3 Likes