Game mode on 7970x threadripper

Hi everyone,
I use a software called Marvelous Designer (Cloth generate and sim). Its limited to 12 cores. Things can get really slow.
Wasn’t there a game mode on the TR that might help here? What exactly does it do? Would I have more core speed on fewer cores?

If you are on windows, you can either use Taskmanager, Process Explorer or something automated like Process Lasso can be used to assign a program to a selection of logical cores.

I’m using marvellous designer 9.5 here and it isn’t limited to 12 cores? Which version are you running?

You can change the number of cores used in your preferences->simulation settings. Set that to 64 in your case should work.

Hey hey. No chance MD will lower your core count in the settings after you reopen the program. Its an official statement on their forum. Sadly its still like that. I recently downloaded the 11 from their Archive/sub archive. As all 12ishs are buggy. I mean even the newest one. Its just so annoying.
Maybe your version keeps the core numbers, but watch your cpu performance. Only 12 on Sim time.