FX 8350 Overclock ( is it safe?)

So I been experimenting with my 8350 to see how much I can push it.

I got it to 4.9 GHz stable at 1.49 V.

I'm using an Asus Cross-hair V Formula Z Motherboard and a Cooler master 120 MM AIO in push pull.

My MAX temps while stressing were 72 Degrees Celsius, 28 Degrees Celsius Idle and Hovering anywhere in the 40s while doing tasks.

I'm replacing this setup for Ryzen soon also, I'm just seeing the potential of it.

I'm Using Linux so I have no CPU Z to show haha. I do have this on the other hand.

4 Likes

Push it much harder and Ryzen will end up being a downgrade :slight_smile:
Awesome!
72C is hotter then I thought was doable

2 Likes

I am actually getting a new for my Ryzen system. The EK Water-block 360 Extreme package.And I never water cooled anything before so I'm going to test it out in this rig before I do it on my Ryzen system lol. I'll see how far I can push it after I get that just for the fun of it :smiley:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-x360

Fine as long as you aren't tooo aggressive with the LLC, maybe not the best for daily.

Then again if you're upbrading soon who gives two shits.

1 Like

Honestly ryzen doesn't run all that hot. Your power delivery and OC/P-state settings matter more than your cooling past a certain point since there's so little headroom in the first place.

I'd go with a solid x370 (ASrock and GB at the moment) and a noctua over water on a ryzen platform (for daily OC) any day.

1 Like

I was planning on getting the taichi x370 and I never water cooled so I was interested in trying it out haha.I might just put it in my x99 system then to see how high I can push that.

I have a 5820k on that system at 4.4 Ghz and 1.265 V. But that runs really good with the h115i.