FX 6300 vs i5 3350p

I am currently trying to decide between these 2 CPU's.  I can get the FX 6300 with an Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 or I can get the i5 3350p with the MSI B75MA-E33 Matx board.  

Which of these 2 combo's would give better performance in video games and emulators especially Dolphin.  Or would be better to choose?

Overclocking isn't really a big deal to me... If I overclock the FX 6300 and it still doesn't perform as well as the i5 3350p then whats the point?   

If you all have any other suggestions I only have a budget of $230 for a CPU and MoBo so keep that in mind.

both are rely good i have a fx 6300 and it run dolphin emulator just fine what game are you wanting to play i cant test them and tell you if the fx 6300 dos the job so far im running resident evil remake and it run at 25 to 30fps my intel rig performe about the same it can comme down to your preference but if you want a few more fps then go intel since single core performance is better then amd

you can get blasphemous overclocks with a 6300 and that results in it beign well into i5 territory. i would go for the amd as you get a bit more in the mobo department

I think I'm going with the FX 6300 because I can get a better Mobo....  And if I overclock it will be about the same performance

if you dont want to spend alot in the am3+ get the same board minus the "LE" supposedly it oc's better (i've heard) should cost the same, maybe $5 more

the only difference i see is that the le is missing some heatsinks

ASRock 990FX Extreme9 if you what to get the most out of overclocking that 6 core it has a 12+2 Power Phase Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2450(OC)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme9/?cat=Specifications

I only have $230 to spend on both CPU and MoBo.... Otherwise I would

Here is the rest of my build...... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QHkq

Is it balanced?....   Is this good for Dolphin and my other games?

I am about to pull the plug on this build so I want last minute decisions and advice..

only a 4 +2 Power Phase on that asus mobo it whont be good for overclocking 

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3  or Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 have 8+2 power phase and will be better for overclocking

The video card is a great card for gameing 

take the Asus M5A97 R2.0 if you not gonne play with oc,4+2 power phase. will give you a little space for oc, but not much, but if you turn on, the turbo core it oc's it self to 3.9 ghz so thats nice too.

if you want play with oc then take the Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 6+2 power phase.

Grtz Angel. ☺