FuzeDrive(StoreMi Paid) VS PrimoCache 2019 Advice

Hoping to get some advice on the following:

About to build my x570 gaming and editing rig and I have a bunch of drives from my old Intel rig that I want to re-use. I definitely want to set up a tiered/cached drive array based on my experience with Intel RST but don’t know which route to go in 2019.

From what I have seen the two options most suitable are the paid version of StoreMi, i.e. FuzeDrive which currently has its top tier version for $30 (“FuzeDrive 1000 |Up to 1TB Fast Tier SSD1 | NVMe, Optane, m.2, SATA SSD | 4GB FuzeRAM | Single 2 Drive Tier”) or PrimoCache which has a standard price of $30. From LTT’s testing PrimoCache was the better option with more features for less and more flexible setup but has that changed since then? I notice that FuzeDrive updated just two months ago while PrimoCache hasn’t had a notable update since 2018. Has anyone ran these two head-to-head recently? If so would be grateful for some advice.

My setup

Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Gaming X

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950x

GPU: nVidia RTX 2080 Super

RAM: 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4

DRIVES: 500GB AORUS M.2 NVME PCIE4 SSD | 500GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD | 250GB WD M.2 SATA SSD | 32GB Intel M.2 OPTANE CACHE | 4TB Seagate SATA SSHD | 5TB WD SATA HDD X 2

FuzeDrive Link: https://www.enmotus.com/fuzedrive

PrimoCache Link: https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/primo-cache/index.html

I use primocache on my ‘gaming’ machine.

The HD in there is a old last decade 1.5tb 5400rpm and even the small 32gb cache partition on my SSD makes gaming a much better experience.

Recommended.

Thanks for the response, could you tell me what the specs of your system are? Bit worried that they haven’t had a recent update since higher-end RyZEN 3XXX has been coming out.

It’s an old optiplex 790.

i5 2500s
16gb ram
3gb 1050
96gb old skool SLC SSD
1.5 TB 10+ year old samsung 1.5tb.

Plays every game I want to play.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.