Fury X Crossfire Scaling @ 4K........ Dayumn

See but you can't do that. You have graphs that appear to be from not only different sites, but different driver iterations. For instance, the 980 ti in the first chart gets 40fps, in the second it gets 37.2 fps. Big difference. All the single cards in the last chart get 2fps more then they did in the third chart, another crucial difference when we're talking about these small of gaps between cards.

1 Like

True I want to see the performance with mature drivers. Should be interesting.

That being said, I think that Fury and Nano are going to be the actually interesting cards and the ones to buy. It seems that the smart money always goes with the non X version.

Sigh If you can find a specific example of 3 iterations of the exact same benches with the exact same cards running the exact same drivers from the exact same site at the exact same ambients on the exact same PCs............

No benchmark results are gonna be the same I can run the same benchmark on the same hardware but get three different results, these results were the only ones pitting these cards together and considering they were pretty much + - 1 or 2 FPS either way

And also as @Kiaxa posted before
http://www.eteknix.com/amd-fury-x-quadfire-results/

As it is they are pretty close. Especially the Battlefield one. 40.7 in one and 41 in the other for the Titan X.

SLI appeared in 1998 as Scan-Line Interleave, and was developed by 3dfx Interactive. nVidia purchased 3dfx in 2001 and took the SLI name for their own Scalable Link Interface which debuted with the GeForce 6000 series in 2004. Funny enough, Crossfire started based off the original SLI design since a good number of the 3dfx engineers brought the idea over to ATI after the acquisition. If you look at the earliest version of Crossfire it does operate more like the old SLI.

When it comes down to it SLI and CrossfireX (AMD renamed it in 2007) are both marketing terms. Both companies own the names and they use them to headline a complex technology. SLI does a better job of describing what that technology IS, but it's still just a brand name.

2 Likes

Getting Schooled, awesome.

Good point, I did try showing vs to vs, but got flamed (elsewhere) for showing charts from different sites even though the FPS were + - either way by 1 - 2 FPS to either card. The thing is there is no direct head to head yet, I just showed a RELATIVE correlation of results.

Until there is a definitive head to head the jury is out

That is very much true, but I still have problems comparing non-overclocked benchmarks. It almost feels misleading to compare in this way, because people aren't going to get a 980 ti or Titan X and not overclock. Plus I know the driver revisions in those benchmarks being used are not close to being current. Bioshock is a well optimized title for Nvidia, and scaling being that bad isn't in line with even close to current drivers. I don't like making the comparison when I know the drivers being used aren't close to current.

I'm not getting 4k though...

1 Like

Crossfire has always been a better scaler most of the time.. Also note these drivers are not optimized yet.. we have yet to see the true potential.

Also no crossfire vs SLI after this because guess what.. Crossfire is just the name of the marketing .... Scalable Link Interface is the technology and its the same thing on both sides.. theres the truth :P

2 Likes

As in their Fury X.

Thought they run at stock speeds. Will have to look at that when mine arrives

I thought they were all the same as reference like the 295X2s were and that only the Fury was going to have aftermarket support?

Shit, I thought I put the /s in. I was only joking Bruv

@DeusQain

I fully await with baited breath the Toxic versions of the FuryX, 8GB HBM?

Yea that's what I thought, AMD locked down the fury x and were opening up the fury card to 3rd parties.

8GB HBM isn't possible due to the card using 1st gen, you will have to wait for the next generation for that sadly, also like I said in my other post, AMD is not letting anyone customize the fury x, only the normal fury when it releases.

I see it as AMds Halo product, much like what Nvidia did with the Titan, only reference only AMD.

Fury is cut down AIB partners can cut sick with whatever they want

Yah, Wendell said as much in a previous video SLI is the official/technical term Crossfire is a marketing thang to differentiate between the brands

I am waiting with baited breath to see the actual Fury X2 as a full card rather than just a PCB, I may go a mini ITX build for my next build