Full Tower Case Suggestions

Phanteks Enthoo Primo…
Yes, it’s a huge bitch, and a bit pricy at that, but it basically gives you everything…

The PSU can be easily mounted behind the cover, so the GPU will have space to breathe easily and the cable management can be a walk in the park…
It have 6xHDD drive mounts, but it also have 5xODB, that can be repurposed as HDD mounts. The front intake IIRC is 200mm fan, and the plate that seems to block the intake can be removed so to open up the front and allow for better cooling. Also if you mount your HDDs in the optical bays you can completely open up the front and remove the HDD cages… You can also mount fans on the bottom of the case and bring more cool air in…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s to bad those trays don’t work long term for me. To be fair I can still screw drives in to those rails after the pegs fall out, it’s just that it wasn’t made for it and warps the entire rail as there is a gap between the rail and the drive (the rubber spacers/vibration dampers are gone). It technically works but I worry that the next thing to fail is the plastic itself as the bottom of the rail/tray is bowed pretty significantly. Again just easier to avoid the trouble in the first place imo.

Hmmm… maybe. It depends if that cutout for the PSU is as oversized as it appears. In theory it comes with some some sort of adapter plate if it is. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

It definitely is big. If I understand what you mean it seams like you could install the PSU in the bracket that is furthest from the MB tray. My worry would then be PSU cable length, but then that is a potential problem for full towers in general. I’ll take a closer look at this one as well. Thanks.

1 Like

Where are you that they failed like that?

I have had my case for probably 3 years now and mine are good as new.

the antec nineteen hundred would be good if it wasnt discontinued.

easy solution, cablemod extensions. look beautiful and be functional /s

this advertisement brought to you by cablemod

this thing has like 10 expansion slots and 6x 3.5 bays with 2x 5.25 bays that you could put a hot swap tray into.

I can confirm CableMod extensions are pretty nice. Had to use some in an HTPC build and they worked flawlessly.

Also great to keep any condiment colored cables behind the motherboard tray.

1 Like

I bought a full pro kit for my seasonic and they are extra long too. 10/10 can recommend.

1 Like

Let’s just say I went through the desert on a horse with no name :stuck_out_tongue:

True enough. I’ve just always run up on the length problem unexpectedly and never planned for it. And yes, that is, what she said. In b4 innuendo pointed out.

Hmmm… I don’t remember seeing that one on newegg but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve missed something there due to categories or some such.

Sounds like no matter the length or girth there’s a cable mod for every kink? I mean in the build of course…

1 Like

If you have a fully modular PSU cablemod likely has a full replacement kit or you can just go with extensions. Either way should work.

Yeah, I’ve gone fully modular for a while now on my PSUs. So I might look at the replacements.