Fukin bullsh!t

ok so a month ago i bought a fx 8350 and a motherboard

well its been 2 months my pc is running fine but Gigabyte says the motherboard does not support the processor

then how the fuk is my pc running and what do u think should i change the mobo ?

i bought this mobo for = 95.58 $  

and the motherboard is

GA-970A-DS3 (rev. 1.1)

my bios version F7A

You might only be running 6 cores instead of 8. You may have to flash the BIOS for full optimization.

gigabyte website says the 8300 is supported

perhaps it only supports 95W cpus? 8350 is 125W

F7A is listed as a beta BIOS. It's probably just a bug in the BIOS version since it is a beta version after all. They also list the FX-83xx CPUs as supported since the F6 BIOS. So just use the F6 BIOS. You shouldn't update your BIOS unless you explicity need to.

i do not get u...

as its not a bug the motherboard was not made for my  porcessor...

so should i change it

can it damage my processor ? 

If the motherboard is AM3+, then it supports your CPU. It is most likely a bug in the BIOS; if you are running everything fine, and your OS detects 8 cores, then you are golden. Nothing will get damaged.

the site says it is am3+ cpu ready and device manager says i am running 8 cores 

Reset your BIOS - your system is functioning, there is just a bug somewhere.

That particular motherboard is perfectly compatible with the FX8350. Gigabyte says nothing about the FX8350 not being supported, quite on the contrary, they explicitely state that it IS supported. The motherboard even supports the future steamroller processors, but will probably require a future BIOS update for that.

Like RH00D said, use a non-beta BIOS and it will work.

Do not clear the CMOS on that motherboard, but use the provided BIOS recovery software from Gigabyte. It's very easy to use with a USB flashdrive. You should also backup the BIOS to a flashdrive in case you screw up BIOS settings (like with overclocking settings) to easily fall back. You can't break the BIOS, the motherboard has a backup BIOS. And the board is compatible with AM3+ processors up to a theoretical 145 W TDP (wheras the maximum standard TDP is 125W of any FX processor, but that goes up when you overclock). In reality, the motherboard supports an even higher CPU TDP, the power section is more than beefy enough and the spacing is more than ample.

i have already cleared the cmos --.--

i used gigabyte flash drive software to update the bios 

and how do u know it support maxcimum 145 W

if it's functioning, all cores are functioning, and you aren't being undervolted/underclocked i'd just leave it alone, better to hit ignore on a notification every time you start up your computer than messing with the bios

TDP is thermal design power, you can extrapolate it at most or try it out, but will get different results with different parts (boards/CPU's). What you can however calculate with reasonable precision is the maximum electrical power (Ohm's Law, electrical power delivery spec for the CPU of the motherboard), and take that as a reference to estimate the maximum TDP. So it's just a reference value for what it's worth. Common sense then dictates that the real maximum TDP probably can be higher with a particularly inefficient chip at maximum overclock for instance, and the fact that there is plenty of room for the heat to dissipate before toasting adjacent devices on the board, because there is at least about an inch of plain traces from the socket before reaching any other devices on the board.

Variations in efficiency between dies are rather great, and AMD doesn't bin based on efficiency like Intel does (S/P models for instance), so you can have both ends of the spectrum when you buy a CPU.

so does this means the board is ok ?

and i can use it with fx 8350 ?

cause i dumped my money on it 

its a rev 1.1 board, so yeah, Gigabyte hass probabley flash it in the fabrick.

I agree, it was most likely because of a bug in your BIOS, if you flashed it back to the latest non-beta BIOS and you still experience problems, you might consider contacting Gigabyte and chatting with one of their help desk associates. They may be able to help, or they may agree to RMA the board for you.

Technically the board does not outright support the 8350, which has a TDP of 125w, it supports the 8300, which is a 95w TDP chip. Basically If you are running without being gimped on the board just continue to click ignore and keep going with it. But if an issue arises, you are SOL on blaming Gigabyte. Currently I believe the 8300 is only readily available in Japanese markets for retail purchases, or available to larger OEM companies. Took about 20 minutes to research the existence of the 8300 chip as different from the 8350 and after half an hour of searching, I cannot find the chip available for sale outside of pre-built computers.

It's not in the list because probably the list is copied from the rev 3.0 board on the Gigabyte website and someone didn't do their homework. Unlike the rev 3.0 board, which doesn't work properly with FX processors, well, it works, but with no PWN CPU-fan control and no thermal readouts, and unlike the 990FX gigabyte board, which is more expensive but often has very strange thermal readouts and erratic PWM control, this cheap board in rev 1.0/1.1 with the F6 BIOS actually almost certainly works just fine with the FX 8350. I've not installed an FX8350 on a 970a-ds3 board myself, but I know an FX6300 works perfectly from an install I did myself, and I know it supports 125W TDP processors because the FX8150 is listed and the power delivery definitely can handle it, so there is a 99.99 % chance that the FX8350 will work without any problems on a 970a-ds3.

I do have to say that all the 970a-ds3 rev 1.1 boards I've installed, had the F4 BIOS ex works, not the F6, so the BIOS will have to be updated for FX 8350 support.

My advice would be to wait with the BIOS update until the F7, which is now still in beta, is released officially, because other than a CPU-Z or the motherboard software not recognising the FX8350, I don't think that there will be any other issues with using an FX8350 on F4+ BIOS.

OK, so I asked the Gigabyte distributor here, and this is where it stands:

- 8 core 125W FX processors are as compatible as any other AM3+ with the 970a-ds3 board, BUT this board doesn't have standard VRM MOS-FET coolers, and while the board is certified by Gigabyte up to 140W TDP, when overclocking an octocore Vishera the TDP/electrical power spec goes up faster than when overclocking an 125W quadcore or hexcore and because the clockspeed is higher to begin with, also than when overclocking a bulldozer, so... because the VRM MOS-FETs will overheat at overclocking power, and for safety reasons, the 125W octocore visheras are not listed in the BIOS, and will not be listed in the BIOS.

-However, the VRM is more than strong enough to overclock with an octocore Vishera, but aftermarket VRM cooling is necessary, so run to the local electronics store, and get MOS-FET heatsinks (not expensive at all), or buy the fancy stuff from thermalright (more expensive but nice looking and very good), then provide adequate airflow over them (most overclockers use water cooling for overclocking an FX8350, which doesn't provide adequate cooling over the VRMs). Don't do this if you're not sure, don't know how to calculate electrical power, can't configure airflow, in fact, don't do this if you have any more questions about how to do this... if a VRM MOS-FET burns out, your system will be heavily damaged beyond repair plus it can be exothermal, you don't want to take any risks with this shit.

- Conclusion: keep FX8350 at stock clock and there is no problem, even if the BIOS says the CPU is not supported, this will not influence the performance and compatibility at all, it's just fire safety (which is important), and aftermarket MOS-FET heatsinks are definitely recommended for everyone.

thanks bro :)