FSR 3 Launch in Forespoken & Immortals of Aveum - First Look

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 is launching in Forespoken and Immortals of Aveum today!

L1 was given access codes to check out the games and get a feel for FSR 3 today! There are also new Adrenalin drivers to accompany this. There’s a lot of new info in this tech preview! However, we were excited to see how FSR 3 was going to perform in the newly supported games. This just happened just today so- time to get busy! It’s not complete yet, but this is what I’ve seen so far.

To check out the preview drivers yourself, the tech preview is here → AMD.com

I used our 7900 XTX reference card, 10900K, and DDR5 6000.

Immortals of Aveum

IOA cover

Visuals

Preset - 4K Ultra

This game is still in beta so we could expect some charges as to how FSR 3 is going to pan out in the full release, but this is what we have at the moment.

I purposely chose an area on the game that had a lot of fine details so we could really see what was happening.

The most noticeable difference is definitely the shadows and highlights. On the staircase, on the architecture, they are more muted.

It was actually raining in this scene. I’m not sure how well it translates to the screenshots, but the FSR was very different in the rain. While off, the rain was more subtle and fine, but for ultra performance for instance, it made the staircase look almost mushy from the blur.

While at ultra performance, the experience is alright, but I personally wouldn’t want the degradation to go above the “balanced” setting. It starts to get too pixel-y and blurred to make out detail you otherwise would be able to.

FPS

With the ultra-performance preset, you’d be able to get the 120Hz mark a lot of people strive for. I would go with the balanced or quality setting, you’ll get a solid 4K@60Hz without much visual loss!

Forspoken

FORS cover

have the info, ran out of time, will update tomorrow along with other info

TLDR

The performance gain was great, probably the greatest we’ve ever seen, but you need to decide what the FPS to quality ratio is your preferred amount. This is usually the stance people have for DLSS, FSR, etc. but the performance gain here is really awesome.

TODO

• Get the forspoken info up
  • Frametime stuffs
  • DLSS comparison
  • More FSR 3 quality options from the games added to the graph
  • Lower-tier AMD cards with FSR 3

If there is anything you’re wanting to know/see, let me know! I can probably tets it for you.

3 Likes

Righto thank you for the work.

Thats a really impressive system config. Heh

2 Likes

@Level1_Amber Were you seeing frametime in the 0.8ms-1.5ms for generated frames? Just curious :male_detective: