Front Panel USB Port Question

Just wanted to see if this is common or what, but tonight I had an issue with my Sennheiser USB Headset.

I use an app for Ring Central to call out and receive calls for work, I made an initial call out without any problems but since that time I could not make proper calls and/or the other party could not hear me.

Tried things like using the second USB port on the Front Panel to no avail, same thing.

I even rebooted the computer to confirm that Windows 10 wasn’t acting up, still no go.

I finally moved the device to a rear panel USB 2 port and Viola it worked properly with the Ring Central app.

I guess this could be the cabling going to the front panel USB ports, it is connected to a USB2 header on the motherboard.

Just seems strange that all these years it was working fine and then suddenly they both stopped working, but since they are using the same header it COULD be that USB2 header on the motherboard as well.

Hopefully this is not the case as this is my Threadripper machine.

Anybody else seen this behavior ?

1 Like

Could be windows messing up the drivers. Since drivers are on a per-port basis in windows, the back ones work (for now).

1 Like

Try testing with a keyboard or mouse in BIOS/UEFI Setup so you can rule out a Windows software/driver issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I will have to do further testing to confirm.

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.