From normie to employed

I wanted to give a big shoutout and thank you to everyone at the Level1techs YouTube channel and here on the forums. In about 4 years, I went from being a normie stuck at a dead-end job to being an Arch users and starting my first job in tech at a Managed Service Provider on Monday. I still cannot believe someone is going to pay me to do the things I would be doing in my free time. It all started with a pfsense video on this youtube channel 4 years ago. Thank you everyone. I hope you have a great rest of your weekend. Pray the imposter syndrome away. :beers:

-zen

29 Likes

Normie, as in, you were not a tech enthusiast 4 years ago? Congrats!

2 Likes

Awesome. I think this would make the Level1Techs crew so proud. Especially after a recent discussion that was had about the true purpose of this forvm.

2 Likes

I used a safari on my ipad before I found level1

Congrats! Glad you could find a job you could enjoy. Bearing through a job that you really don’t like doing is probably one of the hardest things ever.

2 Likes

Yeah, speaking from experience, I have done that twice. Currently in that situation now since COVID derailed my exit strategy. Your happiness and self-worth are more than any job will ever be.

2 Likes