FreeBSD host possibility in future?

I know it’ll take time and work, and FreeBSD’s support for the necessary mechanisms is kind of raw at the moment, but is there a possibility for FreeBSD hosts using bhyve in the future?

Concrete info is hard to find, but D33129 on FreeBSD’s Phabricator says it’ll add actual passthrough support; and xen-tools on Freshports says ivshmem builds on RELEASE-12 and above supposedly? Again, it’s been hard finding info, if anyone has info disputing what I’ve found post it.

(Not sure if links are still disallowed for new accounts, sorry about the lack of them.)

Pretty sure bhyve gpu passthrough is in some pre-alpha stage where only wizards can make it work on anything other than a certain operating system with certain hardware. Did that changed recently?

I can’t post links, so bear with me:

According to thread 83152 on the FreeBSD forums, and " BHYVE GUESTS WITH HARDWARE ACCELERATED GRAPHICS" by Yan Ka Chiu: FreeBSD and Linux guests work, but not Windows just yet.

I’ve been using bhyve (without gpu passthrough) running Linux (Debian) just fine for a few years.