Fractal Design Torrent & fan config layout

im still acquiring the parts for my 3nd build an im still deciding on a case an fan an rad layout

and i keep leaning towards the Fractal Design Torrent for a custom watercooled build

for my 5800x an powercolor 6700xt fighter an if i can get a matching water block for the gpu

so both can be liquid cooled

iv got both cpu an gpu an

Aquacomputer airplex radical 4/280, aluminum fins

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/radiators/radiators-active/280mm/20176/
aquacomputer-airplex-radical-4/280-aluminum-fins

iv got 7 x Noctua A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140 mm Fans

now for the Caveat in the layout with the Fractal Design Torrent an that big back area

id like to configure the rad an fans like this the rad on the bottom intake aligned ti the two first 140mm spot

leaving the last as just air intake an for the front 3 x 140mm run them as exhaust with some filter mesh covering the back minus the rear 140mm intake

the reason for this layout is in my home 2 issues plague my 2 current builds

1.this paint flak dust off our stucco ceiling that cakes the intakes after ever two weeks an starts to cake the

inside of the case gear after a month so avg cleaning is 4 times the is tiring

1. any decent filter mash that can block the flak dust to were only 1 cleaning a month is needed

cuts the air flow an cooling by about 30% which i could almost deal with except it tanks all performance

during the summer an in my home during 90plus temps my place holds at 75 degs

which makes my idle temp 46c to 48c an under load 57c to 65c all this is solved by removing the filter mesh

but then i have to clean it 4 times a month this is taxing

my long winded question / rant is this i dont think the thickness of the mesh is the direct cause by its

proximity to the fans.

so my thinking is that the 3 x Noctua A14 industrialPPC-3000 as exhaust would pull the

air throw the case with ease an off the rad which would have the fans on top as a pull config

would this be a safe bet to think this would work an if so id reconfigure the other two case an layout to match

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.