FPS limited to 60fps on headless server

I have a headless windows box that uses Nvidia game streaming to stream to my desktop. I am running into an issue where my 75hz monitor is only displaying 60hz. One issue is that I am using an HDMI emulator to allow the pc to boot without a monitor attached. it only does 60hz for any resolution so that is what windows is set to. is there a way to somehow get windows to do 75hz or an emulator that does >75? saw a line on an Amazon page for one that said they had a different model that is for gaming and does >60, but I cannot find that one. monitor overclocking does not work. does Nvidia game stream even support >60?

The host is Linux with Moonlight

It’s the HDMI emulator causing it. I personally couldn’t find higher refresh rate ones either at the resolution I wanted but maybe someone else knows of some.

When i was experimenting with LookingGlass, trying to get a higher than 60fps. (Host machine had 144hz monitor, guest only had 60hz). I was able to add a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel. Where it would output 1080p@144hz. The guest monitor would say out of range. But I could get 144hz through looking glass to the host pc.

If you have nvidia gpu, maybe you could try that?

2 Likes

I think I tried that, but I can try again.

So I did create a custom resolution, but I did not realize it was not being used as the selected resolution. It works now at 75Hz.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.