Forum Ranks

I also agree with this, i personaly don´t se the benefit of a public ranking system at all. We have our private XP ranking system. The only thing i would like as a mod of the Hardware section, is that there is something to identify it. ☺ so that people know who they dealing with, if a mod gets on a thread, or discussion.

What i would like to see is just a level plating field... or otherwise we will start seeing what us aussies call Tall Poppy Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome), That is why i dont like facebook twitter, cause people start start doing this and it starts petty fights.

Nah, I'm good with out ranks, it will bring out peoples' competitive sides and will bring with it all out chaos on the forums with people being elitists saying they deserve a better rank because "so and so". I can even see people leaving because it will always be a one sided fight if a person with a higher ranking posts on a thread and opinions will not be heard, you would just scroll down until you see the highest number/symbol/whatever and go with their answer. 

Credibility comes from how well you explain why. Give details and links to what you're saying. If most people agree, chances are it's right. Not always of course, but that's what the sources are for. 

I would agree with that, BUT, it makes the mods seem like higher up in the hierarchy and they're always perceived to be right and what everyone else has to say is moot. It would be great if it was a smaller site and everyone new everyone... but that's not the case. 

Epic elbow to the groin!!

Agreed. how it is now allows there to be discussion about a topic -not an end all be all by a higher rank/mod.

It was on razetheworld (the site didn't have the 0 in it, that's just the youtube channel)

How do we find out whats our xp and how is this xp earned.

Go to your own profile and there is a tab for your own XP.

+5 for making a thread, +2 for commenting

Also -2 if you delete your own comment I think.