Formatted tablet now speakers sounds distorted

well i started using my sisters old tablet( samsung ATIV 500T) and now the right side speaker sounds distorted , it crackles and pops. My sis did not use it at all almost, it still has the protective film and says it never sounded distorted to her. any solutions? tried restarting it. Im just going to use it as a MAME emulator lol

If you're just using it as a MAME emulator, are you interested in mobility?

If so, earbuds.

If not, external speakers.

For this use, cheap either (~$10) will do you just fine.

As far as repairing it.... you'd have to crack it open to even have a decent look at the speaker, which can be difficult with tablets of any make, and requires spudgers, patience, time, and often glue to put it it back together. Probably not worth it.

yea mobility was the main reason, waiting 1 to 2 hours between classes gets boring. guess il have to crack it open. are speakers replaceable?

Uh, generaaally speaking I'd say yes. I don't know your model and I don't know if Samsung pulls Apple-style bullshit. (I could be wrong, mind)

Getting the correct model of speaker could be difficult if they're stereo speakers as opposed to a single unit. If you mismatch two units, the sound profile will be off. If If they're a single unit, well, tape will secure it into the space so long as it fits, even if the old mounting doesn't work.

What I know I don't know is how your speakers connect to the board, or if tablet speakers have a standardized connection.

Disassembly looks easy, just snap off the back cover. My model is XE500T1c. How far behind is my tablet compared to the ones out today? I'll probably consider upgrading since I need something for my school