Folding@Home as space heater DIY space heater?

There are limitless possibilities to make money if you possess a time machine :wink:

3 Likes

But you guys are making it more complex than necessary. Just sell the time machine. No need to work for your money, just buy all money.

ā€œHi, Iā€™d like to buy $200,000 worth of war bondsā€

ā€œ$200 on Qualcomm. Yes, I know its a pink stock. Do it anyways.ā€

3 Likes

If you had a time machine, would you sell it?

I know I wouldnā€™t

Anyone who sells a time machine is literally giving up dominion over the universe.

2 Likes

So I guess the next logical question is how much power will this time machine consume? And thereby heat up our apartment/house?

2 Likes

Probably gigawatts.

3 Likes

Probably enough to melt the universe if we actually think about it (or at the very least, the solar system).

Who controls the past, controls the future: who controls the present, controls the past.

I had 7 machines going and had the apartment sitting at 29 'C through end of summer into winter, had to stop as the power bills were about $300NZ a month. Got to top 16-20 of Gamers Nexus Team and within top 1000 folders in the world not bad for machines up to 7 years old!

1 Like

Hardly heats anything up 2700X + 3090 running off 850Watt PSU.

As for looking at UK power prices I donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother this year.

2 Likes

cries $0.54/kwh out here. I know the pain.

3 Likes

i live at the beach and the normal temperature is 28C, my dream would be to leave my PC on my apartment Balconyā€¦ sadly salt is a bitch and i donā€™t want to deal with it.

I wish i had the ā€˜is to cold hereā€™ problem

1 Like

You can always dig a hole. A meter under the surface is very cold. And humidity problem is also present on a rainy balcony. Just donā€™t make a greenhouse out of that hole :slight_smile:

What country? Paying 0.29 in Germany, but that is the highest Iā€™ve seen so far.

United States Californiaā€¦.