Floatplane Issues

@Level1_Amber or whom it may concern,

Been super jazzed about being able to support Level 1 Techs via floatplane but I recently have been having some issues with consuming content on floatplane. I know that you might not be able to solve one of the issues I have but I would like to make you aware.

Issue #1: When I try to download the Level 0 Techs podcast it gives me this error “No downloads could be found for your subscriber level.”

Issue #2: When watching/listening to the Level 0 podcast on my iPhone via the floatplane app it times out and locks my phone like as if I am not watching something. Of course this is an issue as the FP app doesn’t allow you to listen to content when the phone is locked. I know that you aren’t responsible for this but it leads me to Issue #1 where I try to download it and play it via the native media player and I can’t. Also maybe you could upload a MP4 version that just has a static background so that the app doesn’t time out and lock the phone?

Thanks for your time and I enjoy the podcast so far!

Thank you for bringing this up! From now on we are going to include an mp4 version with the podcast. I’m still not sure why you can’t download it, but maybe the MP4 will help in the sense people can download it if they would like. Check back in a bit, we’re rendeing an MP4 version of yesterday!

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me. I know one of the FP devs is on medical leave rn so a lot of stuff is being put on the backburner but the not being able to download was kinda annoying. Idk if you guys have a way to submit tickets to FP but I’d appreciate it if you brought it to their attention as that is one of the main reasons I pay for it.

1 Like

@Level1_Amber Just to tie this up everything works as it is supposed to on the MP4 version of the podcast. Obv something is broken with the AAC/MP3 implementation of floatplane.

3 Likes

I gotcha, and I’ll see what I can do about the MP3. Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes