FLEX-ATX vs ITX

flex atx is also a bit smaller than micro-atx

I don't think they make flex-atx boards so much anymore.

It probably existed due to die sizes, although, I wonder why there aren't at least any flexATX AM3+ boards, I'd imagine they'd fit in most ITX cases.

yeah, i have this flex board
edit:wong link
edit: right link
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8913450&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET101SATSFY&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET101SATSFY-_-Satisfy&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET101SATSFY

FM2+ tho

ain't that micro ATX?

While i've never heard of "FlexATX" there are Micro ATX Boards that fit his description but you would have to check the dimensions of every board you look at. Ive also never see a case designed for smaller mATX boards like this so I am really confused on what this post is about.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is, but Flex ATX is on the left, it's dimensions are a bit different compared to micro ATX

sigh, i need to open up my case and check again, could have sworn it was flex

not always easy to open a lego case

Its kind of useless even as a format if it serves no purpose. If there is no case designed to support it, it wont save me space and I'm giving up power delivery and possibly other features based around stability for no reason. The only boards in my store of that size are typically junk.

i bought this from tiger direct
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8913450&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET101SATSFY&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET101SATSFY-_-Satisfy&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET101SATSFY

look at the pic

no way is it micro atx, not even square

hmm sorry newegg link is wrong. haha

i must have bought a one off that's not even listed on the gigabyte site

Alot of pre-built pc's and cheaper office and budget computers use them or they use uatx boards. I believe the standoff mounts line up the same as itx though.

I believe this is the form factor of board used in the Dell Optiplex SX270 thick clients and similar products.

These are P4 machines, so it shows the age.

Micro ATX has enveloped anything larger than ITX up to the full dimension size of Micro ATX. Advertisers and case manufacturers aren't going to list 20 different names for different sizes, they choose the largest common denominator and go with that, hence akarekist's board being called micro atx.