Flathub is growing, share some cool apps!

The quantity and quality of flatpaks in flathub has been steadily improving over the years.
From amongst legacy apps that are either abandoned or kinda ghetto, in order to bring to light the developers’ wonderful work and since we didn’t have a thread for it yet I want to share with the community a couple recent finds that might not be too mainstream.
Share something you think sticks out as well!

Buffer: Pair it with a shortcut for some cross copy-pasting, short memos, etc text that does not need saving.

Alpaca: Run a variety of LLMs on your machine locally.

Surge Engine: Want to learn howto create 2D retro games?

Planify: Planner, memo and task list. Been using this a lot.

3 Likes

Honestly I think it would be cool if we had a desktop F-droid alternative. I want a version of Flathub with strict rules and a strong focus on privacy and freedom.

1 Like

Collision is pretty useful for checking if two files are the same

This one is a windows like task manager:

And of course, Warp! File transfer over network made easy!

3 Likes

EasyEffects is another gem!

1 Like

Add another repo entry with a different parameter, check the #subsets

Ontop of that you can host your own repos with select apps, useful for corporations that want to limit what employees can install on their machines.
Prime example is people searching for ‘adobe’ in the software center and being offered An abandoned, 11 years old Adobe Acrobat reader, like what the hell?

Flathub does have requirements but that doesn’t mean they read every single line of code of an app to make sure it’s clean.

2 Likes

searched https://flathub.org/ for busybox
no results
gonna have to hard pass brudah

Busybox is a CLI tool, you don’t install it from flathub

1 Like

I downloaded that a couple days ago and it’s very cool.
I gotta use it more before I can recommend tho.