[FIXED] Win11 sleep broken, arch sleeps fine

Greetings,
I ran into a sleep issue after doing a triple change before noticing. Yes, gj guy >_<
Problem is windows 11 sleep is broken, after an upgrade from windows 10 to 11, along with BIOS flash and swapping a 2700x with a 5700x (x470 asus hero vii)

When i click sleep in windows, it reboots, but i instead of booting windows it boots into Arch, which is on another m.2 drive.
Checking bios, the windows boot partition seems gone, until i do a power cycle and it’s back. (Also m.2)

On further investigation, Arch sleep works just fine, which thankfully has me thinking it’s probably not a bios issue.

I’ve googled a lot… powercfg a lot… i checked bios a lot and have yet to find the culprit.
Does this ring any bells to anyone?

EDIT: Hibernate has the same issue. Disabling hybrid sleep did nothing either

I’m not sure if it is related, but my Win10 laptop had issues over the last few days - shutting down while on mains power, with options set to “never”. I had to keep checking after powering on (and my machine defaults to Linux, so it was a pain). After about 2 days it just works! Go figure.

Perhaps deliberate reboots a couple of times will make it do as it has been told to?

Today i somehow managed to get rid of the issue.
I did a powerplan reset, and tried clicking sleep. It instantly resumed, but now it doesn’t lock the windows partition and resumes win11 session. Okay, that’s easier to work with. I wonder what actually changed that, and if the change is actually along the lines of what Damage posted.

Inspired by googling i pulled every extra peripheral, but no cigar.

It turned out to be a good old wake on lan issue, making me slightly ashamed for creating a thread in the first place xD

So, device manager → lan controller → disable the device’s right to wake pc.