Fishing for Features: Thinking of making my own phone rom

Yeah they’re looking into replacing it. Last I knew that was the main holdup.

https://techship.com/products/telit-lm960-lte-cat-18-gps-mpcie/ done

(ignore price im sure they could do a bulk discount)

1 Like

@wendell I’m curious of your input and opinions on this.

Very interested in seeing where you go with this. I’ve always wanted to dabble with Android, but I have zero programming experience and wouldn’t know where to start. Good on you for striving to better yourself.

What device will you be focusing on?

At first, moto Z3 play. The hardware is powerful, the expansion is A+ with motomods, and I think it could serve as a testament to using a phone as a workstation. On top of having an open dev platform.

However, that is not the only device. Basically every device I have that functions will have a port done as a practice in working with the hardware, as well as different architectures and form factors. For example, I have a Nextbook A8 that has a wonderful atom proc in it. It runs great till it gets too hot. Then it crashes. I’ll be getting a brand new one soon specifically for this. As well, my LG optimus G can run android 7 A+, the only issue is the 2GB of ram. So that’ll be a practice with memory management and complete device integration. No laziness with that. Basically 80’s-90’s demoscene style port. I wanna see that phone fly.

If my V20 was rootable, it would also be ported to. Unfortunately I’ll have to buy a rooted one.