First time building PC. Help me... i'm scared and its dark and smells like feet

Up until I stumbled across Tek Syndicate I didnt really even know what most of the parts inside of the computer did or how they interacted with one another. After watching for a while know I would really like to try to build a new computer because the one I currently have is shit. Sorry if some of these parts dont make sense this is my first time. Suggestions are appreciated but basically I want to know. Will this PC work?

tl;dr: Will this PC work?

New Parts

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3

CPU: AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core

Memory: G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Video Card: ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 

Scavanged Parts

Power Supply: Sunbeam PSU-BKS580-US 580W ATX Power Supply - OEM

Storage: Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS 500GB 7200 RPM 

Optical Drive

Case

I would personally buy a new power supply so I know its a good trustable brand with a single 12 volt rail.

Edit:

If you spend $40 more you could get the new Fx-8350 4.0 GHz

Uses? if gaming this could be much better, if video editing its good.

pcpartpicker.com We need to know the prices, so use that.

Its for gaming mostly.

Yeah I agree I'll probobly get a new power supply at a later date.

If I manage to grab 40$ ill take your advice and definetly go for that but its stretching my price range currently.

What's your price cap?! This thing could be alot better for gaming.

Bout $500.

The PC doesnt have to be a GOD. Basically anything will be vastly superior to what I currently have. And its sort of more about the experiance of building my first Pc.

definity go for this. much better for gaming, and i would definately recommend getting a better psu, that thing is a ticking time bomb.

Yeah when I started to learn about power supplys I looked at mine and thought. Oh shit...

Heres a much better one

If its for gaming:

You dont need such a big cpu so cut down the cpu to an FX 4300

You dont need more than 8gb ram so change the ram to 8gb 1866mhz

That psu looks like a firehazard get something like a Corsair Builder 500W

That gpu is allright but with the $50 saved on the cpu you should be able to get an HD 7850 get a 2gb one if you can afford it.

Im really into this one.