First PC Build

I'm building my first PC and I'm going all in in terms of parts as I want it to play amy game I can throw at it as well as a bit of editing. I've watched hundreds of videos so I should know what I'm doing but I would appreciate any tips or suggestions for parts and the build itself.

Here are my current parts:

Case: Rosewill Thor V2 - already purchased

Mobo: Asus p9x79 Pro

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820

CPU Cooler: Intel Liquid Cooler - already purchased

RAM: Kingston Hyper X, 4 times 4gb sticks

SSD: Kingston Hyper X 120 gb - already purchased

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - already purchased

PSU: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand 850 watt - already purchased

GPU: msi GTX 670 oc edition

Monitor: Asus 23.6in monitor - already purchased

Optical Drive: whatever has the best reviews on newegg

Networking: D-Link Powerline Adapter

Sound Card: what do you guys think of integrated sound for gaming? if you think it sucks there is a fairly nice Asus card on newegg that's $25

If I'm forgetting anything please mention it. Aside from anything that I may have forgotten that's my planned system. I've ordered everything from newegg so far and I plan on doing that for the rest of the parts. I plan on playing mostly FPS's like bf3, medal of honor warfighter, planetside 2, DayZ, Crysis 2 and 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, COD black ops 1 and 2, as well as minecraft which is an oddly demanding game. Most of these I will be recording with FRAPS and editing to post on YouTube.

Also I'm having the hardest time finding a good desk as most that are carried by large retailers like Staples and Office Depot aren't big enough to support massive gaming PC's. And craigs list hasn't turned up anything good either. So if you have a desk that you like and think support a full tower case please share where you got it and what it's called. It would be much appreciated.

i would say go for an i5 3570k.

strong wireless adapter > power line.

asus p8z77-v pro or deluxe board. 

with the saved money buy 680?