- Budget: £900ish (can probably stretch to about £1000 if the performance increase is worth it), + £150ish for a monitor (money saved on PC can add to this i guess)
- Where do you live, what currency do you use?: United Kingdom, £ GBP
- -Is there a retailer you prefer?: The cheapest including postage :)
- Do you need or already have peripherals?: Have peripherals, just need a monitor
- What will you be using your future computer for?: Primarily Gaming
- Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking?: Yes I would like to get into overclocking, nothing too serious, just for the extra performance gain.
- Do you plan on going for custom watercooling now, or in the future?: No plans for this
- OS. Do you need a new one?: I believe I can get a free copy of windows through dreamspark
If you Game-
- What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at?: I would like to play current games maxed out or close to it ( AA turned down etc), at atleast 30fps, and future games at the same/better than the next generation consoles.
- What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at.: 1920x1080p
- What kind of games do you like to play? All sorts, FPS, Strategy, an MMO here or there amongst many others.
If you don't have peripherals -
- What size monitor are you looking for, and what resolution? 23-24" 1920x1080p, from what I've read IPS seems to be better although I freely admit I know next to nothing about monitors. Anything's got to be better than this cheapo Toshiba laptop I currently use :)
- I also need the PC to have wireless. *Edit* (because the PC will be on the 2nd floor however the line goes to the ground floor)
So with this information in mind and watching numerous video reviews etc, here is the parts list I've come up with:
PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1PuUv
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1PuUv/by_merchant/
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£105.59 @ Aria PC)
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£38.35 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£63.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£47.38 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card (£232.79 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Wireless Network Adapter: Edimax EW-7612PIn 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£13.07 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case (£95.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£65.00 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer (£12.31 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Dell U2312HM 23.0" Monitor (£157.78 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1024.21 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
Are there any glaring issues? Any parts you would suggest instead and why?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, any help would be greatly appreciated.