First PC Build and looking to OC i7 4790k

I built this PC back in early February. As I am finishing this semester of college, I would like to look into OC my CPU.
This will be my first time OC'ing. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! thanks
i7 4790k,
phanteks Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

FULL BUILD: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3NKR6h

Thats a solid build at a good price. Im a noob at OCing as well but I know for sure that I got a 4790k that doesn't like to be pushed to its limit lol, no matter what I cant hit anything over 4.6Ghz. I tried copying OC settings from ROG forums, Linus forums, and a bunch of other places but it just doesnt want to go any further. Even at 4.6Ghz it needs 1.33V to stay stable when others have 4.7Ghz stable at 1.27V. If your MOBO has an auto-OC feature then use that and then manually lower the voltages (because auto OC software always put voltages WAY too high, ASUS AI-suite originally had my 4790k at 1.37V for 4.6Ghz OC)

The 4790k is basically at it's limit as is you might get it to 4.8 but it takes a lot of volts to get there. and honestly its not really worth it, even if you achieve the 4.8 that's only 400Mhz faster most likely you will get like 4.6 or 4.7.

if you would like to continue with it still here is a guide. They are doing the 4770k but the chips are almost identical,

research what every single setting does in your bios, never use cookie cutter settings, spend about week just reading about your cpu/mobo combination before you try(fry) anything, I would say OC'ing is mostly for fun there's not much need for an extra 500 hurts