First Build/Gaming PC would like some input

This is where I am at currently, still undecided on the MOBO, not sure whether to get the Sabertooth or the Crosshair V Formula Z.

Their both fantastic boards. If you want to spend the extra money just get the Crosshair you won't be disappointed.

In the real world what does the extra $$ for it get you over the Sabertooth?

Don't quote me on this but I think it has better LAN and Audio. Thats about it.

Ok thanks. I will do some digging. My hesitation on the ST is the reviews I have seen about the faulty audio...........

But to be honest, for whatever reason, all the reviews on retiler websites (new egg, amazon, etc) for pretty much all the 990FX MOBO's are hit or miss, lots of boards DOA too......

Yeah I understand where you are coming from. One thing you have to think about though. When you get a board and it works do you put a review about it? If you got a DOA board you will most likely right a review about it. So the negative reviews will always be more than the positive reviews.

Very valid point!

Well, after much debate and back and forth looking at some options I decided to see if I could sell the 8350 for what I had in it. I put on here first but not much interest aside from a few insulting low ball offers lol. Hey they get an A for effort. I put the chip on ebay and in less than 5 minutes it was gone buy it now.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and helped me with input via PM as well.

This is where I am currently at for the build. The items that show $0.00 have already been purchased. I should be ordering the rest of the parts for the case within the next week and then I can move on and agonize over what mouse, keyboard, and monitor (s) to get.

forgot the link =) nm I didn't see the link color. It was blending in with the background

For the xeon you wouldn't need that cooler. You could get away with a Cooler master 212+ It will save you some change. its only about $19 dollars.

1000w PSU is Overkill but you will have a lot of extra headroom =) I think the stance is to stay at 75% load. This is suppose to be the magical number for optimal performance.

Good build basicly.

It's not overkill for adding another R9 Fury later down the road, don't want to have to change PSU later and there's not much of a market for used PSU's. I will see about the cooler, just figured I'd get the cryorig now and later if/when I swap CPU no need for a new cooler, but you're right. If I changed cooler and went with a Gold PSU I could easily knock $100 off the cost of the build.

Thanks, you were a big help. In the end I decided the X99 setup would be way overkill for my use and I couldn't justify the cost.

Ordered my Xeon processor last night :)

Hey sounds like you have it figured out. If you plan on getting another fury and getting another CPU down the line that is smart buying more you buy now the less you have to buy later. Build looks good need to see some pictures and a build log =)

So this is where I'm at now. Just need to make a final decision on the fan, and decide if the added cost of 16 GB of RAM is worth it over the 8GB....?

@jonnytombstone I decided to consider your idea to cut back on CPU fan and PSU like you had recommended previously to not spend more than necessary on things I won't be using. I still need to get a keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc so no sense in paying for extra stuff that is not needed or not going to be used. The Xeon is known for running at mild temps and a lot of people say the stock heat sink and fan are fine but I would still feel better having an aftermarket setup regardless of how mild it is. But for the PSU I'm still thinking if I know I want to crossfire/SLI in the future then why not just get the bigger PSU now.....

Current status of the build here.

Need to research now if a CPU upgrade or CPU/MOBO upgrade is in order to push the 980 Ti Hybrid........

To give you an idea of cpu 'bottlenecking' check out this article

the xeon paired with a 980ti should be fine for quite a long time.

Well I came into some extra $$ for my build so I changed directions (again) on CPU. I figured the money is there allocated for whatever I want so might as well get the best I can while I have the funds to do so.

So this is where I'm at with the build.

Can anyone tell me which AIO CPU cooler is better between the H100i GTX and the Kraken X61?

Also should I just buy enough PSU for now or leave myself open for SLI later? I just don't know how I would mount a second 980 Ti hybrid unless I went with an aftermarket cooling setup later on which I'm not against.

Thanks