First boot... scary as fuck. HELP

No problem, i wouldn't worry about it I'm sure everyone here has made a ram configuration mistake at least once in their life.

2 Likes

ah i totaly missed this topic.
glad that its solved now.

Thank you for your concern Kira. I really appreciate it. :) I didn't know the GPU fans weren't running all the time. Now that I think of it, I was stupid to freak out about it. It's logic and less power usage... I learned to love it. :)

I [personally] have made the mistake of not plugging in the CPU 4 pin power connector and then freaking out thinking I've lost several hundred £ (pounds)

1 Like

I just did the same.. I was like... it cost me 1400$ CAD. No time for screwed CPU or anything. I've been watching videos and they been warning their viewes BE CAREFULY IT'S VOLTAGE AND WATTAGE. Now that I think of it, the system have surge protector. Unless you're dumb enough to plug the wrong pins at wrong places with all those notches.

Shouldn't it be a big issue not having a cooler for the CPU? I guess it just didn't let you boot up? :P

1 Like

I have a question now.. I am dowloading Battlefield 4 premium from Origin and it tells me I am downloading at 4Mb/s. Loading estimation : 1 hour 20 minutes for a total of 23 gygabite. Is it normal? I'm sure I could get a better loading speed.

My internet connexion is 30Mb/s downlaod and 10Mbs/s upload.

I might have misunderstood something but did you say you don't have a CPU fan anymore? because that is a problem.

Na I was replying to desmondbirch who forgot to plug his CPU fan once. :P

Thats about right 30 megabits is 3.75 megabytes so if anything its slightly faster than it should be.

Never mind then.

Well, it was the power to the CPU its self that I didn't plug in. I couldn't understand why it wasn't booting?! But this was about 10 years ago, and the systems I had built prior to that, the CPU's got their power from the 20 (24) pin power connector. (Built my first pc back in 1995) :O)

Yes thats basicly normal.
8 bits is 1 Byte.

So 30Mb/s / 8 = 3,75MB/s

2 Likes