Firefox Services: Monitor, Send, & Lockwise

I briefly mentioned lockwise on another thread and Send was mentioned in a thread by @mutation666 a number of months ago Firefox Send

But I figured it was worth a new topic due to the integrations into Firefox recently.

In brief. Send allows you to send files… funny enough, end to end encrypted with links that expire

Monitor, monitors for data breaches against your email https://monitor.firefox.com/

And Lockwise is an improvement (in progress) on their browser based password management, expanding into an app for iOS and Android as well to use outside of just Firefox.

Firefox nightly has most of these features built in, including a new ‘privacy protections’ page incorporating Lockwise, Monitor, and their ‘enhanced tracking protection’

There’s a lot of good improvements in my mind, and i like the direction their going in privacy and security oriented services. Its for me at least an attractive option to switch to Firefox.

6 Likes

There’s also a nice menu item for these

Send right in the browser, i like it :smiley:

1 Like

Fx Send is a great service for sending large files.

Monitor is just another API gateway to HIBP, but that’s something you really want in a password manager.

Fx Lockwise has a long way to go before it competes with Lastpass and Bitwarden.

2 Likes

Yeah this is what I had assumed, but I think its good that its in the browser.

Agreed. Its basic for the moment, i tried it out and it works, but its… not the best. If they can have some good developers behind it i think it’ll be a very nice addition to Firefox.

Makes perfect sense to me. Every tech savvy user runs at least two addons, a password manager and uBlock Origin. If I was making Firefox I would look to integrate that functionality myself.

1 Like

I still prefer Bromite which is based on Chromium; mainly because it’s the fastest browsing experience so far on my OnePlus One running LineageOS on encrypted f2fs.

This is a very good direction though! Especially Firefox send. Very much needed in 2019.

1 Like