Find component gt 1030 (no video signal)

Hi, I need help to identify the nomenclature of the transistor marked in green, because it burned out. Thankss
The graphic card is a Nvidia MSI Aero Itx GT 1030.

P.S.: the component is burned but I think the nomenclature is KA2, but I need to check it.

1 Like

It looks like a SOT23 package. Those are usually transistors, diodes, or voltage regulators.

If the marking on the top is definitely KA2 I found a datasheet on a diode that has KA2 lasered on it:

Looks to be a fairly common part

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/diodes-incorporated/BAS16-7-F/BAS16-FDICT-ND/717812

1 Like

Its likely the first to fail in a cascade of failures that isnt apparent right now. If you are intending to replace components manually, it should be primarily for learning purposes and keep your expectations in check.

EDIT: Meaning just becaused you fixed one component, doesnt mean it will work, for long at least.

2 Likes

If you are lucky it’s just a bad diode, but a diode very rarely burns for no reason. It’s usually a short circuit or a power surge of some sort.

You can probably get a replacement at you local electronics store.

1 Like

U don’t give an idea of ​​the hours that I come looking for this!
Thank u so much!

I still have hopes, the other time I checked with the GPU-Z and apparently everything was working normally.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.