Final Fantasy VII REMAKE... finally

Today they announced that there will be a Final Fantasy VII remake. It will first be coming to PS4, but will be heading to 'other' platforms. That may just be XBOX, but perhaps PC as well. i mean, with the consoles using pc hardware, it only makes sense for them to bring such a huge title to PC. it would sell like hotcakes (never got that reference.. do hotcakes really sell that fast?)

here is the little tease.

I saw this earlier too - Midgar looks badass. There are so many ways to royally screw this up...I'm wary but definitely stoked at the same time.

With the huge modding community, I'm sure it will come to PC.

Saw this earlier and what with the other announcements, I'm going to have to get a PS4..

FFVII remake,
Shenmue 3,
Uncharted 4,
The Last Guardian,
The Last Of Us,

I would say a PC release is likely. Square have been really good with PC recently. And fixing their games to suit the platform too. So it may not be day 1 but I would say it will come. Unless you know more all ready.

Also Shenmue 3? Cool hope that comes to PC and lives up to its history.

In 15 to 20 years, we're going to look back at this remake and be like. DAMN those graphics are terrible lol

I'm looking forward to playing my first final fantasy game. Hopefully it comes to PC.

Holy shit! I have been complaining for decades about them making a FFVII remake. I might just give into pressure and buy a ps4 just so I can play it at day one release. I'm a little scared they may screw it up royally but I will not be able to say no to this. So long vacation days . . . whatever year this comes out.

Shenmue 3 is coming to PC

Yeah I just noticed on the kickstarter.. good news! glad they hit their target already -roll on 2017

Back on topic.. my only concern with this remake, is.. the voice acting. With it previously being a textual affair, my own imagination did all the work.. I really hope this doesn't have those cheesy american dubs, like old school kung-fu movies used to. I'll be quite happy to play this in Japanse if there is a an English sub.

I'm pretty sure a pc version of the remake is coming soon. Notice how they clearly said "final fantasy 7 remake will be first on ps4" or something along those lines.

ALSO, the worst part about this announcement is that final fantasy 15 is almost certainly going to be quietly killed off while the hype for FFVII is in full swing and no one seems to realize that. This announcement, the 2017 release date and not showing up at e3 for the second year in a row after RELEASING A DEMO AND UPDATING THE DEMO is way too convenient and going by what square has said previously, there's no way they can make both games at the same time.

I hope i'm wrong.

No way. FFXV is coming out. there is literally no reason it wouldn't. They are probably saving release dates and new stuff for TGS.

Well, knowing it is for the PS4 at least, it will for sure come with a Japanese track, and optional subtitles. I just hope it comes soon, as it IS announced for the PS4. Hoping for a 2017 release, realistically.

Also, i too will be getting a PS4. I really want The Last Guardian, KH3, FFXV, and Uncharted looked REALLY fun. Made me go 'psh... Tomb Raider? give me uncharted 4, thanks'.

Don't start with seven, Kat. You're setting the bar real high there.

I have really mixed feelings here. I love FFVII, I originally started playing out of my dislike for it's popularity and ended up loving it. It's on my GOAT list for sure, but if I was going to get another game with the production quality of and story telling of VII I'd honestly prefer a new game entirely. I already played VII. Time to play something else.

I'd be pretty upset if XV was cancelled too. Seems like a dumb move to not at least ship a digital copy version on PC. Considering how much cheaper that would be than to ship it for consoles.

VII is nice but I prefer IX and VI more

I've never played a Final Fantasy game. I've heard so much about 7 that I may actually try it. I haven't played the original so I won't know or care if it is better or worse :)

I has to be on PC though.

So it says remake... but it looks like a sequel. At least the way the trailer is portrayed.

And to everyone that hasn't played 7 yet... Do it. You can buy it on PC or the playstation store. It's a really good RPG. Not my favorite Final Fantasy of all time, but it's up there. :)

Also Crisis Core is another great game, for PSP, it's the prequel to 7.

But honestly I'm probably not going to get this. I've played the original a bunch of times, they're so many spin-offs its a bit crazy. Plus there was a movie. So I'm ready for a new story Square Enix!

No, it is a remake of 7. Cloud had the basic Buster Sword. and Midgar looked shiny. The 'reunion' the narrator was talking about was probably referring to Jenova. I hope they expand a bit with side bosses. Maybe a new 'weapon' boss.

Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't played in a while, so when I heard "reunion" it confused me. :)