Few questions to understand the PSU specs

I do not know a lot about PC's so don't you judge me.

-What's a "Main PCB" ?
-What's a Japanese Capacitor and why are they so important?
-I hear often people talking about the "Rails" and I do not understand anything..
Explain me the following picture.

Thanks in advance.

-Main PCB is a synonym for Mainboard/Motherboard/mobo
-Japanese Capacitors is like German Engineering, call it quality and marketing.
-Rail in case of a PSU is a group of components hooked up to one power output (eg Molex-headers for drives).
Example:
Rail 1 can handle 20A, Rail 2 can handle 30A.
CPU + Mainboard draw 25A, so you will need to hook them up to Rail 2

1 Like

You don't really need to wory about many of the things the PSU is showing you on its specs...
Now. Single rail means all power is taken from one pool of power. Dual rails means there are two pools of power. So if one is empty, you cannot take from the other. This is why many people like single rail. As long as the PSU is powerful enough, it will distribute it's power wherever it needs to go..
Now Japanese capacitors is basically quality.
The picture you show is giving you basic information about how much power each line, 3,3V, 5V, 12V etc can give you. Most modern systems and PSUs use mostly 12V as main source of power. So this should give you the majority of your power...
What you also need to care slightly about is 80+ sertification... Bronze is the usual standard. I wouldn't go lower than bronze. This is Mark of around 85% effective work roughly... Higher marks, like Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc., are achieved using better quality parts and better designs in general...
I can't think of anything else at the moment... If I think of something I'll add it in...

Ok thanks to you two.
If you want to post more info then go on.