[feeler] XPS 13 9343

So I have no idea what this thing’s worth.

I’ve had it 3 years exactly now. It’s a great laptop and I have nothing but awesome things to say about it, but I’m in need of something a bit more beefy for my work.

I’m considering selling it, so if anyone’s interested, just ping me. It wouldn’t be until the end of the month, since I need a new laptop to come in, so this thread is just a feeler at this point.

Anyways, specs:

• i5-5200u
  • 8GB DDR4 (soldered)
  • 500GB SSD (forget the exact model, not NVMe)
  • Sanyo Dell 0DRRP57 battery at 84% capacity. Lasts 6ish hours of light surfing/programming on Linux.
  • I’ve replaced the Realtek NIC with an Intel one so Linux isn’t a problem.

comes with power adapter and doesn’t overheat.

Cosmetically, it’s got two dings (that won’t be repairable) in the metal case on the edges of the screen and a few minor scuffs on the bottom that I may be able to get out. So I’d give it an 85% on cosmetics.

If you have an idea what it’s worth, please share.

Any interest in a barebones Kaby Lake i7 NUC with a busted thunderbolt port?

I don’t have a use case for it.

I’m looking at a different laptop, the Elitebook 745 with the ryzen 2700u

#amdfanboy

3 Likes

I think this would top out at around $650 mainly since the SSD is so large. I’m assuming you have the QHD+ display since you get around 6 hours. If you have the FHD, it’s probably $550 at the high end.

I have a 9350 and I know my 256gb spec usually hovers around $600. So that’s what I’m basing it off.

Oh, it’s the 1080p display. The 6 hours is a combination of battery wear and Linux getting only 8 hours when the laptop was brand new.

On Windows it’s probably closer to 9 hours, but the first thing I did on it was remove Windows. (can put it back on for someone if they want it installed)

That’s pretty good. Definitely sounds like it’s worth it to sell it then.