Fcked up a trace on pcb, need advice EUP2589 TSSOP-28 CH1

Hello everyone, i just bought a monitor but the motherboard is broken and unavailable.
So up to me to repair it,

The LED driver is broken, more specific i think the controller chip is broken.
So i reflowed it, worked for a couple of seconds then the magic smoke appeared (short between pin 1 and 2 probably).

Now i-am going to replace the chip. but while desoldering the chip i ripped of a trace.
The trace is one of the channel pins CH1 to be exact (pin 11).

Now is that an output pin that goes directly to the led strip in the lcd assembly?

Can i short CH1 and CH2 to make it work?
Or try to repair the trace wich i’d rather not do if it can be fixed another (easier) way.

Here’s the schematic.

These parts used to be wire wrapped. My mom did that kind of work for Texas Instruments back in the early 70s. With the trace pulled up, make sure you have a clean break from which to work from as this will be a new anchor.
You will need to solder in a thin gauge wire to replace the path.

If you have spare PCBs laying around, you could also find a power trace with the eye hole ending and try to lift with braided flux ( I have forgotten the name of it!) something. It comes in a spool. This would be the hard way though.

I am assuming no surface mount diodes, caps, resistors were also removed.

2 Likes

Nope nothing else just a piece of the trace right underneath the pin.

So i should solder the new one on and then fix the remaining pin with a little piece of wire

1 Like

Probably “Solder Wick”. Just be careful when using it, solder wick can easily transfer heat much more quickly than you would anticipate, so practice on an old board if you’ve never used it before.

3 Likes

That’s the word!

I think so, assuming that completes the circuit

EDIT; I was re reading your original post and I think there is a faulty part somewhere. The trace was burned due to an overcurrent, and the wire will possibly also get hot and melt the insulation. Be ready with the power switch because I think there may more wrong than is initially apparent.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice,
Sadly i’ll have to wait pretty long for the part to arrive.
(damn ultra slow china shipping…)