Favorite Tower Floor Standing Speaker?

Mine is the DCM Time Windows 1A. Outstanding imaging. 4ft tall and fantastic bottom end. Sam Hulicks Red Orchistra 2 sounds amazing with these. Paired with a DCM sub-woofer to make the crescendo breath taking.

I've only ever owned one set of floor standing speakers, so they're going to be my favourite by default. But I've been pretty happy with them.

Cerwin Vega XLS-12

Of all the speakers I have listened to. The Klipsch Horn is my favorite.

I own Klipsch RF 62 IIs

Nothing really special 15's 200 watts @ 8ohms 20years or better ? So good life. They used to be strapped to my pc. :)

I thought that was a Marantz you had their.

These are mine. I quite like them. I use an emotiva dac and a QSC pa amp to power them.
I'd really like a pair of Wilson Watt/puppy 7s... But that's WAY beyond my price range.

Wilson is sick but so expensive the Maxx 3s are insane.

Pioneer, an old one from back in the day of component stereos.

Yea, it's really to bad there isn't a high end audio dealer where I live. I'd love to give them a listen. Sad thing is, every time I see reviews, they always use jazz or classical for the listening tests. Where are the reviewers listening to Maiden and Sabbath and whatnot?

You sure those are floor speakers?

Yes, they were built to be. They stand about 4.5 feet. The MTM cabinets could be mounted I guess, but I can't see a point to it.

Those two on the bottom look like they would make a great center. You can have more than one center speaker it creates a broader image. Man I wish I could use those 2 in a set up just to see how they would sound as a center. Would probably sound like a huge grand hall.

Never used any, but if I have the budget and need, I would go with the JBL 580. Ends up being like $1500+ for a pair, but you know.....

Ebay is your friend for vintage speaker that are hi-fi. You will not believe the deals you can get. That and the thrift store.

I once had a pair of monitor 70 series ii. They sounded pretty damn good when bi-amped.

Oh that looks sexy.

They worked pretty well with a PSW110 (10")

sigh.... someday when I get out of this apartment back to a house I'll build a great stereo music listening room again.

I can help you with your dilemma. Get this amazing pioneer sound bar. It does not have a large foot print and fantastic sound. http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-SB23W-Andrew-Soundbar-System/dp/B00EHBPF6W/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1456119335&sr=8-13&keywords=pioneer+andrew+jones

wtf??? a sound bar?

I has some of these PSB T65 (image series)

1 Like