Fave bands?

I get a couple... Billion. But heres a few artists / bands.

Sorry that its just a shitty side-stage recording, but thats kinda all of them lol.

Always liked hip hop.

Only a few more. I can make this list miles long.

Green Day

System of a Down

Paramore

Echosmith

Manchester Orchestra

ill post pictures when I'm off of mobile. It's a requirement right?

I just posted youtube links.

Not posting links because I'm at work and have to decide on songs to pick for each...
In no particular order (besides the first 2... those are my top 2) and not a comprehensive list by any means:

• Iron Maiden
  • Angra
  • Stratovarius
  • Rhapsody of Fire (and subsequently Luca Turilli's Rhapsody)
  • Blind Guardian
  • Sonata Arctica
  • Rush
  • Yes
  • Ozzy
  • Black Sabbath
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • Paul Wardingham
  • Paul Gilbert
  • Al Di Meola (the guy's a dick but damn can he play)
3 Likes

Not really in particular order but it does kind look like I put my most favorites at the bottom by accident.

1 Like

Tool/Puscifer/APC
NIN
Deftones
RATM/One Day As A Lion
Crystal Method
APHEX Twin
Prodigy
Ra
Aesop Rock

Thought of a few more
Static-x
Soilwork
Architects
Deltron3030
Three days grace

3 Likes
  • Poets of the Fall
  • Boxer Rebellion
  • Starsailor
  • Grave Digger
  • Gorillaz
  • Dance with the Dead
  • Pink Floyd
  • Not a band, but I love me some Richie Havens

I had a phase going through high school where I listened to Yes and almost nothing else. My dad introduced me to Siberian Khatru from his Keys to Ascension CD, took me to a surprise Yes concert at Seaworld, and one day I found his old Union CD. It all went downhill from there. Any itunes gift cards I got at christmas for the next few years went to The Ladder, Big Generator, 90125, KtA2, Tormato, Magnification, and Drama, in that exact order. It's the only band I've ever really gotten into before I went to indie EDM.

Other honorable mentions include Aerosmith, U2, Queen, Asia, Def Leppard, all the usual jazz rock, but I was never nearly enamored with them as much as I was with Yes.

These days, the closest things to a band other than Yes that I've actively listened to are
Televisor (even though that's a funk/disco EDM duo, not a band),
Daft Punk (same thing)
The Whispers,
Kool and the Gang
and Odyssey.

Everything else are solo independent artists.

You should have seen me when I was in my Yes phase - I was obsessed. Nothing else would do.

Sounds like a good high school time.

Can people not be trash and post a shitton of links please? Thanks.

As for me Savage Garden is one of my favorites as well as Matchbox 20.

Tell us how you really feel.

But really lets use something like the details feature if you guys wanna post a wall of youtube videos:

Summary
1 Like

looks at my post that was an example for others
go fuck yourself lol

3 Likes

Order is all over the place

Two Steps From Hell

Volbeat

Hans Zimmer

Disturbed

Current Value

Audio Freq

Nightwish

Scott Buckley

2 Likes

Have only one favourite "band", because otherwise my songs are often a single person. And the voices of the girls are gorgeous.

• Kalafina

2 Likes

So you're from Germany, right?

1 Like

US

have to type more cause aparently you cant just say US

1 Like

Strange then...

Argh. Kind of too much to list, but here's some stuff:

Thrash Metal stuff:
Exhorder, Devastation, Wargasm, Forced Entry, Protector, Angel Dust, Dark Angel, Armoros, Nasty Savage, Infernal Majesty, Toxik, Sacrifice, Atrophy, Rigor Mortis, Coroner, Testament, Exodus, Heathen, Indestroy, Sepultura, Artillery

Thrash/Death Metal stuff:
Demolition Hammer, Protector, Invocator, Dead Head, Exoto, Thanatos, Massacra, Chemical Breath, Obliveon, Cancer, Archaic Torse, Assorted Heap, Epidemic

Doom Metal stuff:
Yob, Slomatics, Windhand, Weedeater, Kongh, Dusk, Ocean Chief, Etheral Riffian, Om, Sleep, Earth, Belzebong, Electric Wizard, Conan, Monolord, Mammoth Storm, Candlemass

Prog/Virtuoso stuff:
Shawn Lane, Hellborg/Lane, Joe Satriani, Rush, Dream Theater, John Petrucci, Liquid Tension Experiment, Tony MacAlpine, Planet X, Virgil Donati, Steve Morse, Steve Morse Band, Dixie Dregs, Merrow, Keith Merrow, Conquering Dystopia, Ron Jarzombek, Blotted Science, Watchtower, Sleep Terror

Trance/Prog Trance/House stuff:
Mark Otten, Ridgewalkers, Synergy, M.I.K.E., Arksun, Mike Foyle, The Blizzard, Global Illumination, Sasha, Solarstone, Mesh, Solid Globe, Matti Laamanen, P.O.S, Vadik, Airscape, Michael Burns, Bryan Kearney, Hiroyuki Oda, Kuffdam/Plant, Michael Dow, Lost Witness/Sassot, Filo & Peri, Daniel Kandi, Yilmaz Altanhan, Above & Beyond, Darren Christian, Aly & Fila, Super8 & Tab, Mat Zo, Sunny Lax, Mark Pledger, Naden, Genix, Jason Van Wyk, Fluid in Motion, Galen Behr

DnB stuff:
Klute, Dieselboy, AK1200, Aphrodite, DJ Dara, DJ Sage, E-Sassin, Souljah, Kemal & Rob Data, Teebee, IQ Collective, Dom & Roland, Break, Skeptic

Misc stuff:
CCR, Andres Segovia, Paco de Lucia, bunch of 90s/grunge bands that everyone knows

2 Likes