FarCry3: Blood Dragon FREE

I really enjoyed this game a few years ago. It's a funny 1980's action movie parody and full of Ultra-Violence.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-CA/ubi30

6 Likes

been wating on this to go live. wanted to play it since it came out but refused to buy it. like 90% of other ubisoft games

It's pretty great, got it for free while I worked at microcenter.

Fantastic music!

This and "The Crew" are the only games where I'm willing to use Uplay since you cannot play it in any other client or DRM-Free like the other games Ubisoft has released.

Blood Dragon is definitely up my alley though.

1 Like

Claimed the code, and I cannot wait to try it out and see if the hype is even close to how good it is.

• AK

Plot

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is set in a dystopian year 2007, where the world is suffering the aftermath of a nuclear war. Ubisoft described the game as "an 80s VHS vision of the future" where the player must "get the girl, kill the bad guys, and save the world."

The player controls an American cybernetic super-soldier named Sergeant Rex "Power" Colt (voiced by Michael Biehn). He and another American cyber-soldier known as Spider Brown (the black guy) travel to an unnamed island to investigate Colonel Sloan, an elite agent who has gone rogue. Upon confronting Sloan, he reveals his treachery, kills Spider, and knocks out Rex.

Rex is awoken by Sloan's Canadian assistant Dr. Darling, who, disillusioned with his goals, betrays him. Rex teams up with Dr. Darling to overthrow Sloan's plan to revert the world to a prehistoric-like state with his rockets, armed with the blood of the "blood dragons" that roam the island. After liberating bases, saving scientists, and killing animals, Rex fights Sloan's assistant Dr. Carlyle, who has used the blood of blood dragons to turn humans into zombie-like creatures called "the running dead". After Rex fights Dr. Carlyle's cyber soldiers and blood dragons, Dr. Carlyle is killed by his own AI, who had been mistreated and acted out of revenge.

Rex then goes into a parallel dimension, where he fights legions of Colonel Sloan's running dead. Upon defeating them and "testing his might", Rex gets the Killstar, an arm-mounted laser gun that gives Rex the power necessary to defeat Sloan, at the cost of his own vitality. Following a training montage, Rex and Dr. Darling have sex, culminating in Darling's abduction the next morning. Rex then makes an assault on Sloan's base with the assistance of the Killstar and later, the Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System (B.A.D.A.S.S.).

Rex confronts Sloan who, having programmed Rex, prevents Rex from attacking him. However, Dr. Darling's and Spider's memories remind Rex of his humanity despite his cybernetic nature. With renewed strength, Rex impales Sloan with his robotic hand and fires the Killstar, killing Sloan. Dr. Darling appears immediately after, informing Rex of his success in stopping Sloan's plans, then proceeds to destroy the base. They embrace while looking on at the destruction, only for Darling to look behind with purple eyes and a sinister gaze.

1 Like