Fan spinning but sensor reporting 0 RPM - Gigabyte R282 Z93

In a 3 years used but otherwise fine Gigabyte R282 Z93 without any load (no cards, no disks, no nothing) that we recently imported, the IPMI is reporting " ID: 59445 BPB_FAN_4A sensor of type fan logged a BMC Event : Lower Non-critical - going low(Reading value : 0.00 RPM And Threshold value : 1500.00 RPM) was asserted" and the dashboard on MegaRac is always showing FAN_4A critical event when the server is turned on. Off course all 4 fans ramp up horribly to the max and the noise is umbearable. I am on the edge of being kicked out of home by my wife, even though my home rack is located on the garage. I suspect the issue is with the sensor because changing the fan with another one does nothing. What can be causing this problem? Is the sensor or what? Please help me because I think I am about to get evicted because of its noise pretty soon!

check seller and gigabyte warranty its a pain to deal with but a fan sensor dying is covered by warranty if you haven’t caused the failure with physical or water or some other damage.

also a cheap fix might be using a fan extension/splitter on a working fan header to power the fan currently on the bad header/sensor you loose a bit of control because the one header controls both fans identically but it is cheap and easy

Hey thanks for your response! Unfortunately it´s out of warranty and I can not reach the seller. Is that a motherboard issue or that sensor should be on the fan assenbly? Do you now if there is something else to do like properly seat the fan assenbly connectors or something else? I can´t believe this server is now so faulty.

Update (SOLVED): Hey! After some fiddling about I noticed that detaching and attaching again the connectors solved the issue (see photos) . Basic goofy vendor troubleshooting, but that was it. So before claiming your warranty, disconnect and reconnect everything. In this kind of Gigabyte servers fan power and control/sensors cabling connects to the drives backplane by two separate Molex four-pin connectors, one with two cables (black and red) for power and the other with four (different colors) for speed control and sensors. I guess the data cable bundling coming from the NVMe ports tossed or malpositioned the fan sensor connector and that was the issue. If beyond that, you suspect dealing with a faulty or dying sensor, of course claim your warranty or complain to the seller if it is a used machine.