Fallout 76 won't be on Steam, going to use Bethesda's own launcher

Ssshhh you’ll jinx it lol

Well i found the online thing to be maybe the laziest new thing to Fallout that i know. To me Fallout died with 4.

Better to just wait for Wasteland 3 and Atom RPG. Those seem way more interesting than the poop Bethesda spews out.

Fallout 76 looks like a dlc of Fallout 4. Everything looks the same, they just added in a few extras and co-op. I played the shit out of Fallout 4. I built base after base and tried new mods all the time. For me, without mods, this game would have no longevity at all, and I assume Fallout 76 will be the same. On the other hand, if mods can only be accessed through Bethesda’s Creation Club, then I am a definite “no” on this game. I have no problem with the idea of modders getting something for their work, but when you look at the Creation Club and paid mods, it makes me think Bethesda is cutting Steam out of a significant share of the microtransactions. The modders make pennies, while Steam and Bethesda split the rest. Maybe by cutting out Steam, Bethesda hopes to give modders a bit more to keep loads of fresh content coming in?
The new model of profiting off games through microtransactions (I see paid mods as exactly microtransactions) is revolting to me. But just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s not crazily profitable, especially where younger kids and their parents credit cards are concerned.
On this one I will vote with my dollar and not buy it. I will not make a Bethesda account. I will not do it on a plane, I will not do it on a train, I will not do it in the rain. Not to mention, my enthusiasm for the next Elder Scrolls game went to hell also. My only hope is that some nerds get together in a garage and make a fun, modable game with a massive open world, and you can download the entire thing on your pc.
And I suppose they could name it “Dryrim”, as a nod to Bethesda’s new tactic of a$$ F^@king us with microtransactions without lubrication.

1 Like