Fallout 4 map revealed

Hey everyone. A friend of mine is wetting himself to get this game.

One of his questions was about map-sizes. Research has come up with finding Bethesda saying that it is the same size as Skyrim, which is around 39km square but right now the exact scale of this map is unknown.

(this leaked map does have a scale but apparently it is incorrect)

It does not reveal too much detail but it is HUGE.

And my friend is now pissing his pants with joy!

1 Like

This is pretty great actually. 6 DAYS

All that water though lol

Weee radioactive swimming!

This looks larger than falllut 3 am I correct?

Maybe not with all that water but still it's bigger than NV thank god.

Interesting how its split up into many smaller pieces, and the map looks less detailed than the one in FO3, which in the end makes it look smaller.
Fo4s map is probably slightly larger than Fo3s because of all the water.

5 days, 9 hours left for me, the struggle is real.

A small and useless teaser for you.

Plz, no gameplay.
Plz, no.

1 Like

I'm god damn moist (but cautious because nasty bethesda game engines) for Fallout 4. But fuck me I'm gunna miss the rapture because I don't think my computer will be able to run it. Especially with Bethesda's track record of unoptimization.

1 Like

Apparently a Redditor by the name of Laxcc has found out that you can run across the map of Fallout 4 in 11 minutes. Laxcc posted his marathon through post-apocalyptic Boston on YouTube, in which he runs through the map from the North-West corner of the map to the South-East corner of the map.

But as soon as the video appeared online it was removed for obvious reasons and also it would obviously contain a lot of spoilers, so watching the video would've ruined a lot of the surprises. BUT my friend found the video floating on Vimeo.

Well to be honest I would rather have a small map packed stock full of things to do than a large map with sparse details.

1 Like

In theory, yes. Part of the appeal of the modern FO games to me is walking alone through the vast wasteland with ye olde pop music playing from my pipboy. Then you suddenly spot something in the distance and go there, but before you reach it, you spot something else and go there instead....and find a death claw sanctuary. Load Save.

1 Like

Not satisfied. Skyrim takes like half an hour fallout 3 takes 20 minutes.

Tell him to stop wetting the rug and put a diaper on

1 Like

with all the water, makes me think there may be something to do with it, maybe some underwater stuff.

1 Like

placing 5 dollars that the commonwealth labs and such referenced in fallout 3 are underwater.

1 Like